going back in

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Y

Yaps

hospital, will be back in a few days, sub-clavien and illeac?sp? are blocked and Im using nitro too often.. getting rotor rootered...

Good luck Yaps! Let us know how you're doing when you feel up to it. :)

Hi Yaps....I will be thinking of ya...

Hi Yaps....I will be thinking of ya...

Hi yaps,
Hope all goes well for ya, and you'll be in my thoughts and prayers..Harrybaby666 :D :D :D

Yaps

Yaps

Please don't stay away too long. I am trying to come back more often also. Sorry about your problem. Get better soon. Take care.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Jude's valve

Hey Yapper!

Get yourself all fixed up and get back on the site!
Roof, Roof!

Take care!

Take care!

I'll miss our chats, but I'm sure you'll be back with us soon. I'll be praying for you!

Débora

Yaps,
Best of luck to you.
Hopefully this will cure the problem and get you well again.

Yaps, like everyone else, you will most certainly be in my prayers. Hurry back. We worry when our family members are gone. :)

Good luck, hope that they get you fixed up just fine! Waiting to hear how you are when you return.

I am here

I am here

The sub-clavien had to have some more stents put in, this is why I was having angina again, as it supplies to my aortic now (they used mammary in by-pass)if I understood everything..
They can not do anything for my legs, the arteries are to small?? My right side is so very bad, I cant express how bad, (wakes me up out of a dead sleep), its been too long.. when I was dx with a bad sciatic nerve.. this dr grrrrr.. he messed up and so this delayed real treatment for 10 years..
Any of you, if it hurts to walk, or you have a sore hip... please I beg you get it checked, check the arteries, as mad as I am at the dr who misdx me ..I wouldnt wish this pain even on him...please... if you want to walk... love the Yap

One of my friends just had some type of surgery to open the arteries to/within his right leg. He was having awful pain in it. I wonder if it's like what you are talking about, Yaps? His leg was in terrible shape and the surgery ended up being longer and more complicated than expected. He's in some pretty bad pain now, as he recovers, also. I think he had the surgery about two weeks ago. He's in his seventies and his wife told me that his mother had the same thing but in both legs.

He also has multiple myeloma (I'm probably misspelling that) and for years they thought the pain in his leg was from that. One misdiagnosis after another regarding the pain. Finally a (cancer) doctor recently told them that the severe pain must be caused from something else and he directed them to the correct doctors.

I sure hope things go better for you, Yaps.

Susan, I lost a friend to multiple myeloma a few years ago. She was in so much pain! Her pain began in her legs and her diagnosis was delayed a short time while her circulation was investigated. Unfortunately, both can cause that very severe pain.

Yaps, have they given you any helpful advise on how to maybe minimize the pain? I'll have to check your medication list but are you also on Plavix?

Ohyes

Ohyes

Im on plavix ,coumadin.. Im a pharmacy in house :D
In am on darvocet for pain they give morphine when its real bad,, the next step is a by-pass in my leg ... only thing is? I dont think there are any working arteries.... that is their question, as they used from my leg to heart in by-pass...and those had to be stented as they had blockages.. :eek: soooo I have no idea what the next move will be, have to make appt with vascular surgeon.
Im afraid a lot of people are misdx ... some dr do not check the arteries. After my open heart, last year, I had no- none nada b/p on my left side ..for 4 months.. saw many drs.. no-one correlated that with my sub-clavien ..why? My age ..too young.. my sex..only men have that...I nearly died ..again.. this is what they tell me... they wouldnt listen, until one day the angina was so bad that I called and said I must see a dr today..I dont care who.. I had surgery that night.
The peripheal disease is so bad now, the claudication is in both legs , my arms and even my jaw.....no ..believe me when I say I dont wish this on anyone..and I wonder at times why did they bother saving me..honest I do.. my tail isnt wagging today...
After so much time passing before dx..not much can be done that hasnt been done..woof

I'm so sorry, Yaps. I hope there is something that can be done to help you.

Yaps, my thoughts and prayers are with you today. I'm so sorry you are in so much pain. The Gleevec I take for CML causes me joint, muscle and bone pain constantly. The only thing I take for it is Advil which is not working very good any more. If I stay busy it helps. It's when I sit down and also at night when I try to sleep.

You have been through so much. I certainly hope they can get to the bottom of this and you will get some relief. Keep your head up!

Back