Glad to Join

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Laura

I recently had MVR in April and still "recovering". Returned to work part time 2 weeks ago and full time this week. Just now decided to look for support. Wish I found this earlier. Already found very informative information regarding Coumadin. This looks like a great group to be a part of!:)

Welcome

Welcome

Welcome to the site. Good to see you are back at work. I would be interested in where you had your surgery and the type of valve you have. Good luck and keep in touch. :p

Welcome Laura..

Welcome Laura..

Welcome Laura, and make yourself at home with us. This is a wonderful group of people who have helped me so very much when I needed it. They are there for anyone who wants it. There is a lot of information on this forum that you might not be able to get from a doctor. It is the personal experience from people that have gone through the surgery, and that is so important to most people. To know that there is life after valvereplacement. We are able to give encouragement when needed. All of us have somewhat of a different story as we are all different.
So, pass the word along to anyone that you know that needs a helping hand, or a shoulder to lean on when they face this mountain. They won't have to climb it by themselves. We will all be here to help every step of the way until he/she is on the other side.

Christina

Glad to join

Glad to join

Hi Laura,

Glad to have you with the group! I felt the same way. I wish I had found this site before surgery too. I had a MVR and a AVR on March 8, 2001. I went back to work on June 4th. I commute, so it was a rough first week back last week. I'm doing better this week. I feel no on e knows better than the people in this group, what we've gone though! Welcome!

Lorraine;)

Thank You

Thank You

Thank you so much for a wonderful welcome. Hard not to feel right at home with everyone.:) I had a St. Jude Mechanical Valve put in to replace my deteriated Mitral Valve. I had "the best of the best" surgeon in the area at Harrisburg (PA) Hospital. It was a rather odd stay being only 1 of 6 females on the Cardiac floor and the youngest of them all. Today is my 4th day back full time and I am definately feeling it. Have the aching in my right chest. From what I hear, it gets better with time. Hard to be active and then all of a sudden you feel like you hit a brick wall and have no energy like before. Looking forward to a relaxing weekend!

Welcome

Welcome

Laura, Welcome and please believe : it gets better and better. Some day soon, you are going to be doing something and you're going to stop and say "Wow, I couldn't do this before surgery and still feel this good!" Just give it time and don't push yourself too hard. Keep us all posted on your progress and check out the other parts to the Forum.

Welcome Laura

Welcome Laura

Glad to have you aboard. I only found this site a month or so ago, but these people are the best. I hope you find it as helpful and comforting as I have.
Kev

Latest posts

Back