Generics--timely topic

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lance

FDA cites Apotex for repeat offences--an article in to-day's Toronto Daily Star. Article also in the New York Times--don't know the date. Apotex is manufactured in Toronto.
This article doesn't mention warfarin specifically.
Opening paragraph--
"US regulators have raised another red flag about the quality of generic drugs, sending a warning letter to a leading maker about manufacturing violations." The complete article can be viewed at TorStar under the business section.
This article also mentions--
"The FDA action comes as another well-known generic maker, Ranbaxy, has also come under the agency's spotlight for manufacturing and quality control problems at two of its factories in India and one in Gloversville, NY.

Generic drug manufacturers and pharmacies in Ontario are coming under fire because the generic drug manufacturers give payout (whatever) to pharmacists to stock their particular brand increasing the cost to consumers. The government of Ontario wants the subsidies to stop.
The article is too long to quote verbatim. The article mentions cross-contamination of drugs resulting from inadequate cleaning of manufacturing equipment and charred particles in a diabetes drug.

Quite some time ago I posted about sources of ingredients in generic warfarin. APO would not conform nor deny they imported drug ingredients from China so I asked for Taro (manufactured in Israel) to be substituted.

Thanks Lance.
I guess APO is doing a "Spring Cleaning".

This is all very interesting, considering my INR has been up and down for almost 10 months being on APO now that I'm on Taro hopefully things will start being stable again.

Thanks for taking the time to share this information.

Very interesting; thanks for posting. I wonder how common this issue may be.

Back