Gary, surgery video

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gail in Ca

Hi Gary, sorry I didn't visit that post for awhile and discovered your ?.
My surgery video starts with the removal of my porcine valve and goes to just until the new mechanical was placed. I sure wished I could've seen that new valve replaced but the screen went blank. I believe the camera was attached to the doc's head as it moved when he did and went kind of all around at times. He said the camera had been acting up, but I wondered if he likes to keep his technique for valve replacements for doctors only and not to give it to patients? Oh well, I liked watching it, but my family didn't.
I wanted a tape last surgery but didn't do it, so the second time around I made sure to ask and get one.
It was too cool, to see what they do to you while you are out.
Gail

surgeru video

surgeru video

Hey I thought I was the only one who wanted to watch my surgery, good to hear there's another live person out there. I asked the surgeon but he declined. But I had my family video tape me coming out of recovery into ICU. The video also tells what all the monitors were doing and for what. There I lay with a tube coming out of my mouth and out of it. Pretty interesting to watch now that I'am at 4 weeks. Talk to you soon. Sylvia

surgery video

surgery video

You guys were lucky. I never got to see one on mine. I just could.... Just kidding. You are all doing so great. And so am I. We are doing better than we though possible. And with all the side problems with it. Take care.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Jude's valve

Back