Gallbladder surgery

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Chris Ramcharan

Just been diagonised with gallstones after a blood test indicated elevated liver enzymes. However I have been on Zocor and Zetia for high LDL and Triglycerides and thoughts are that these meds may also be the cause for high enzymes. Would anyone know of complications with Coumadin and whether surgery for removal of stones presents major problems? Highly appreciate comments from all.
Thanks,
ChrisR

Usually people with gallstones and/or elevated liver enzymes have a hard time keeping their INR in range. Anything that messes with your GI tract is likely to throw the INR off. Of course going off the warfarin for the surgery presents its own set of problems, too.

allodwick said:
Of course going off the warfarin for the surgery presents its own set of problems, too.
Chris,
I had probems with my INR when I had GB attacks- after surgery everything settled back down.

I had laproscopic GB surgery in 1991 with a experienced surgeon who brought in a cardiac team to manage the bridge therapy. Had no problems!
Good Luck and Al is always right :D

I wish.

The Yavapai Well in Wickenburg, Arizona has the repuatation that whoever drinks from it will never be able to tell the truth again. The trouble is that you never know who has tasted it!!

Chris Ramcharan said:
Just been diagonised with gallstones after a blood test indicated elevated liver enzymes. However I have been on Zocor and Zetia for high LDL and Triglycerides and thoughts are that these meds may also be the cause for high enzymes. Would anyone know of complications with Coumadin and whether surgery for removal of stones presents major problems? Highly appreciate comments from all.
Thanks,
ChrisR

Chris

My best friend who is pregnant and on coumadin had her gall bladder removed last week via surgery (the cut you open kind not the laser kind). Since your doctor knows what medicine you are on he or she can tell you how to regulate your meds before surgery. My mother is on coumadin and I know she has to come off of the medication before any kind of proceedure. Do some research on gall bladders online and you will find a wealth of information about the symptoms! You will tell for sure what is gall bladder related and what is medicine related.

Sorry to ramble. Hope this has been of some assistance!

Latest posts

Back