Fructose again

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pellicle

Professional Dingbat, Guru and Merkintologist
I know my internist checks my liver enzymes twice a year. I thought that the common reason to do so was to ensure that the statins I take for lipid management aren't causing problems, but I guess as long as I'm being monitored for liver function, if anything kicks up they will see it happening.

epstns;n861090 said:
I know my internist checks my liver enzymes twice a year. I thought that the common reason to do so was to ensure that the statins I take for lipid management aren't causing problems, but I guess as long as I'm being monitored for liver function, if anything kicks up they will see it happening.

I agree, mine are checked for statin use as well.

My liver enzymes (Liver Function Tests) along with Urea and Electrolytes, Lipids, and Full Blood Count are tested every six months. Judging from the blood test request form those seem to be among the standard tests done to check one's health. I also have other tests to do specifically with diabetes and osteoporosis but those others even my husband who has nothing amiss with him has occasionally.

Latest posts

Back