Friday is the big Day!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tigerlily

My surgery is set for this Friday, Dec. 28 first thing in the morning. I'm pretty set to go, just getting some things finished around the house. I am dreading this and more worried than first time around because it is my second heart surgery. I've had a virus for about a week that I can't shake but no fever or cough so they said I should be fine for surgery. I just need to call them if I develop either. I do wish I felt a 100% though. Did anyone else go in with a cold? Please hold me in prayer for Friday. It may take me awhile to let you know how it went but I will.

Thinking of you tigerlily, and sending very best wishes, positive thoughts and prayers for a smooth and uneventful recovery. One 'minute' at a time.... We will be here waiting for you to post an update when you are able. I didn't go in with a cold before surgery.
Can you give the cardio nurse a call to explain your concerns? Perhaps, she can put you at ease.
Godspeed...

I had a mild cold a week or so before my operation, mostly gone by the time. I was worried as well, particularly concerning congestion, and talked to my surgeon's nurse. She said the same thing, don't worry, the operation will proceed unless it gets worse.

It's hard going up to "The Day". I took off the day before and went to mass. I cleaned to take my mind off it and get ready for the post-op time.

Godspeed

Yes, tigerlily, I had a cold also. They said same thing to me as you. I thought I was all ready.....noon the day before, I had a salad at restaurant for lunch.....and had a tooth crack....omg! I had done a lot of work to my teeth a month before surgery and was pretty worried. Found a dentist in Rochester that would see me right away and had it cleaned up and covered. The tooth was shot so I just had it pulled a couple weeks ago(2 years post surgery) All went well.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you tomorrow. Think positive, remain strong, You got this! We will be waiting on the other side to hear from you :)

Latest posts

Back