four year valversary

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teacher

Today is my four year valversary and I have never felt better in my life. I discovered this site a few days before my surgery and it was the best thing that ever happened. I was going to have a tissue valve because I didn't want to be on coumadin for the rest of my life. I read in the forum that people around my age (56 at the time) would be better off having a mechanical valve so they wouldn't have to go through surgery a second time. I also found out that coumadin was not as bad as most people think it is. I immediately called my surgeon to switch to a mechanical valve and I am so glad I did. I started home testing a few years ago because I was encouraged by all the home testers on the forum. It is the best!!! I exercise regularly, I hardly ever did before my surgery and I've lost twenty five pounds in four years. I am happy and healthy and life is good. Thank you everyone for the knowledge you have given me the last four years. Roberta

Happy anniversary! Just wait, in 20 years, you'll be saying the same thing, but complaining about all the joint aches and pains. Heheheehe

Good to see that you are doing so well. Happy valversary & many more to come!

Congratulations, Roberta, I am happy for you and you sound great. I was like you going to have a tissue valve and found this site four days before surgery and changed my mind and got mechanical valves!! Enjoy! Your thread gives me an inspiration and I hope to lose weight lik you did. I started as of last week to drop the weight off.

Latest posts

Back