Found an excellent deal on 2-way personal radios

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nancy

I was looking for a set of rechargeable 2-way radios to use after Joe's surgery. It will help a lot when I'm outside and he needs me.

K Mart has a 50 percent off special on Cobra rechargeables. Price was 34.99. Sale runs until July 4

Nancy

We had a set of 2-way radios but we never used them because I slept so much the first week my wife kept coming in to see if I was dead.

Two Way Radios in ICU

Two Way Radios in ICU

I would be sure and check if they are allowed in the ICU. Most devices of that frequenct are usually banned in there because of all the frequencies used by the monitoring equipment.

I would check with the hospital first.

Just a thought :confused:

Only going to use them when he comes home

Only going to use them when he comes home

These are for when Joe comes home. I'll be doing the yard work and we have a lot of property. Could have used them in the past.

Our hospital doesn't even allow cell phones to be turned on inside the hospital.

Nancy

RadioShack had some good ones that had a range of like 3 miles that were on sale too.
I think it sounds like a great idea! But, beware, you might be running in and out all the time!
-mara

Oh - Well Thats Great!

Oh - Well Thats Great!

Well, Nancy, in that case, it sounds like an awesome idea! That would have been a great aid to me in the days after surgery. It would definately be worth the price.:D

MONITOR

MONITOR

I have a baby monitor for my husband. He only needs to speak and I can hear him. And we can then have a conversation from different parts of the building. Its great.

The real reason I had to get the radios

The real reason I had to get the radios

When Joe had his last heart surgery 2 years ago, I bought him a very large bell to ring. I was sure that would do the trick if I had to work outside, especially with the windows open in the summer. He tells me over and over (teasing) that he rang and rang and no one came to help him. So this time I'm going to make sure.

We're getting the glitches out now practicing with the 2-ways. His voice is so hoarse from all the fluid retention in his neck that he has trouble at times talking in a normal tone. So I cranked the volume up as high as it can go.

I told him he'll have to make me an "offer I can't refuse" refering to old Marlon in the "Godfather" whom he sounds like right now.

Hopefully the surgery will correct this, unless its all the breathing tubes and transducers he's had to swallow over the years.

Nancy :)

Latest posts

Back