Food Supplements Safety - Whey

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Dylanm111

Hi all,

I am just wondering if Whey protein is safe for heart/valve patients? Does anyone take a protein powder here? Would be interested to hear if you experienced any negative side effects with them..

Best,

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
Hi Dylan - I've added whey protein isolate powder to post work out drinks I've made in the past with no negative effects at all. Is there a particular reason why you might think it might not be safe for heart valve patients ?

Dylanm111

I am just being super safe! You hear a lot of negative stories about supplements and I didn't want to worsen my condition. Do you take it often?

Paleowoman

VR.org Supporter
Hi Dylan - I don't take whey protein isolate anymore because I find that I no longer need a post workout high protein drink as I time my workout to end around lunch time. I never had any problems when I did have it though. But I certainly continue to take other supplements - I take vitamin K2 and CoQ10 daily, and I'm prescribed a high dose of vitamin D3 and omega 3's daily. I don't have any problems with them. When I was in hospital having aortic valve replacement the nursing staff gave me my supplements along with my medication so I take that as an approval from the medical profession for them.

Latest posts