Food diary.....do you use one?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I love greens and actually eat more of them since I was put on warfarin 3 years ago. Right now in MO, I've had mixed greens for about 2 months from green houses. In the last 2 weeks, the dirt farmers have begun selling multiple varieties of lettuce, spinach, arugala and bok choy. I've never regimented my eating of green foods and my INR has been stable for the last 2 years. During the winter I have turnip greens, collards and mustard, plus just plain commercial lettuce. Green beans, broccoli and cabbage are also year long staples in my diet.

When my INR fluctuates it's usually due to illness, travel, or antibiotics, not diet. It comes back on track pretty quick. The only thing I do related to green vegetables and my INR, is I try to vary what and how much I eat on a day to day basis. For example, I had a big salad yesterday, so probably will do green beans with no salad today. Some days I have no green vegetables (e.g. carrots, corn and baked bean day.) I take my nutrionist's advice on food variety...eat different colors. It appeals to my artistic side as well : )

Back