follow up with surgeon

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cldlhd

Just got home from my follow up with my surgeon and fortunately all went well ( except for the wait time,tic,toc,tic,toc ). Turns out I have what is called a "true bav" -sievers 0-which from what little I've gathered so far means I have 2 leaflets that are basically equal in size rather than 2 leaflets fused together where you end up with one larger leaflet and one smaller. Apparently it's anywhere from 10 to 20% of bav patients who have this.
On a bright note he said the repair went "perfect" and he's going to present my case at an upcoming conference at HUP where he's one of the hosts. I asked if there would be any royalties and he chuckled and said if there were they wouldn't be coming my way.
He says once healed I have no restrictions, I don't need beta blockers and that I should go enjoy life.

Last edited:
That's great, Chris! No drugs and no restrictions - perfect. I'd ask him for a copy of the presentation. That would be cool. It's the least he can do for making you wait forever. ;-)

skeptic49;n854655 said:
Sounds like a good report, Chris. Congratulations. I met with my surgeon last week and that went well too. THe new valve sounds fine. I got him to draw on a heart diagram where he put the dacron grafts and the CABG grafts. Very interesting. I have a lot of new plumbing. Hope it all holds together.

I'm sure it will hold together fine, he listened to my heart and said "now that's good spaghetti sauce!" I assumed that was a good thing

Back