Fluttering

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cherbam

I have St. Jude’s mechanical aortic and mitral valves and a bovine tricuspid. My OHS was 15 yrs ago. I was told my tricuspid may need to be replaced after 15 yrs. I’m wondering if that is why my heart has been fluttering a lot lately. My INR is in range. Any suggestions?

Hi cherbam, I’m not sure what you mean by “fluttering” but it sounds like something To check out with your doctor. They could consider things like an ECG, Holter monitor and an echo.

I hope it is all okay.

I agree with Astro. If you're having tons of palpitations, they might want to check and be sure they are the innocuous kind. I've done a 24-hour Holter test a few times.

I have St. Jude’s mechanical aortic and mitral valves and a bovine tricuspid. My OHS was 15 yrs ago. I was told my tricuspid may need to be replaced after 15 yrs. I’m wondering if that is why my heart has been fluttering a lot lately. My INR is in range. Any suggestions?
Please let us know what you found out. You left us in the dark.

Have you got tests done , like echo tests, to see what is happening ?, that might hlep

I even had a 48 hour holter a few years ago. Perhaps a 24 hour holter may reveal the electrical side of the 'flutter.' Echo may also reveal some issues.

I suggest finding a good cardiologist (if you haven't already) and letting her help determine what'sgoing on.

Latest posts

Back