First Echo and TEE since Mitral Valve Repair surgery last year.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ejc61

I just came back from the hospital after taking my TEE. The regular echo two weeks ago showed moderate regurg which freaked me out. After conducting the TEE, my cardiologist now calls it only mild to moderate and more closer to mild. The torn valve that was repaired and the inserting ring both look good. My EF was 55%. He was fine with that. Thanks to all who suggested that I don't get worked up over a regular echo result. I was worried about having to do a redo sooner than later. Now my hope is to not have to worry about it for another 7-10 years.

I'm scheduled for an echo in 3 months. I hope that visits start to decrease. Probably an echo every 6 months and a stress every year. That will be discussed in September.

Yes the last month has been anxiety ridden. But I've always been feeling pretty good. Thanks.

I'm in the same boat. I had mitral valve repair 12/08 and have had mild to moderate regurgitation since. I have been told I can live for years without problems this way. Even though there is still the leakage, my heart has remolded (no more hypertrophy) and my EF has gone from 45 to 55. Just had my last echo and meeting my cardiologist in a couple of week, I am hoping we can take it down to annual visits. Best wishes.

Latest posts

Back