first case of amputation due to non compliance with an on x aortic valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sir do you have social media or something and are you on the Facebook AVR groups ? I am quite young, just 30 for now and I do have some time looks like based on a second opinion, its moderate I was told , I love this forum and would think a post from you about how your valve lasted 50 years would be super on these groups
Great idea! Dick has more experience with a mechanical valve than anyone in the world and 50 years + of warfarin experience.
Since you’re 30 do you think you can figure a way to help Dick download the Facebook app to his flip phone 😀

Tom

I don't know if you are on Twitter but

https://twitter.com/FloridaMan__
I can't believe you people are trashing Florida.

nobody is bashing, we are engaging in what we call kidding around, aka humour ... perhaps you can't tell the difference.

If you think FloridaMan has his title only because he lives in Florida you should look at his tweets.

Hi

Great idea! Dick has more experience with a mechanical valve than anyone in the world and 50 years + of warfarin experience

better idea, rather than force Dick to join Farcebook (and he may not want to), why does not @ashadds screen shot a post of Dicks and post it there with a link to the post. The site is visible publicly without a log in ... that way the site owners would also perhaps benefit from serving more ads (to those without logins)

Since you’re 30 do you think you can figure a way to help Dick download the Facebook app to his flip phone 😀

come on dude, flip phones have the farcebook app on them standard now ...

(and channelling someone with no sense of humour: how dare you profile an elderly as being not IT cognizant, its a diminishing microagression and not "inclusive" ... #lgbtqia is just so racist because it fails to recognise my non binary status )

or

Last edited:
saw a couple of posts of people with 40 years and 36 years, dick would beat them at 50 years :)
He holds the world record for the longest, still active, mechanical valve, although it is not recognized as he can’t provide the necessary documentation. Understandable, given how long ago it was.

Last edited:
[
and channelling someone with no sense of humour: how dare you profile an elderly as being not IT cognizant, its a diminishing microagression and not "inclusive"
Well, if we really want to get woke, I would make a stink about “you people”

His “You People” comment at the NAACP almost forced Ross Perot to drop out of the 1992 presidential race:

“In discussing inner-city crime and drug use, Perot on several occasions used the expression “you people” or “your people” to describe the offenders and the victims.”

if one is determined to be offended, they will find any number of reasons to be offended, regardless of how far reaching.

Last edited:
Hi

better idea, rather than force Dick to join Farcebook (and he may not want to), why does not @ashadds screen shot a post of Dicks and post it there with a link to the post. The site is visible publicly without a log in ... that way the site owners would also perhaps benefit from serving more ads (to those without logins)

(and channelling someone with no sense of humour: how dare you profile an elderly as being not IT cognizant, its a diminishing microagression and not "inclusive" ... #lgbtqia is just so racist because it fails to recognise my non binary status )

or

And whatever you do, don’t make reservations in front of the wrong company:

Ya'll leave an ole man alone. Good to know my flip phone has farcebook capability........now all I need is for someone to show me how to turn the flip phone on........I know. I'll call one of my great-granddaughters, she's 4 and she has promised to come over and help me whenever I get stuck on a computer issue........and before your think she is smarter than me, I can spell two-syllable words better than she can.

I’m glad you included Grinder. Otherwise you might be accused of being micro aggressive. Or perhaps you’re trying to share something with us:LOL:
Indeed (and no) well I might be accused of being supportive of a Sin against God promoting Gay sex as it is ... so I'll go with the devil I know.

Indeed (and no) well I might be accused of being supportive of a Sin against God promoting Gay sex as it is ... so I'll go with the devil I know.
We are already deep down a rabbit hole. But now you’re trying to dig a rabbit hole within the rabbit hole and make it somehow about religion. Sorry, I just can’t follow you down there......... Brother Pellicle :ROFLMAO:

Tom

I don't know if you are on Twitter but

https://twitter.com/FloridaMan__

nobody is bashing, we are engaging in what we call kidding around, aka humour ... perhaps you can't tell the difference.

If you think FloridaMan has his title only because he lives in Florida you should look at his tweets.

I can tell the difference between humor and prejudice and often there is none.

I study humor and jokes in particular. There is a butt to every joke and there is audience appropriate humor. This is a health forum, not a comedy club. There are little old ladies on this forum from FL.

The reason why FL is the butt of jokes is due to the ancient North vs. South US polarization coupled with recent US and Central/South American politics and socioeconomic environments. We stopped telling jokes about Poles and African Americans, since it is offensive. You all should do the same with Floridians. This is a forum dedicated to heart valve replacement surgery not humor. We should be sensitive to the feelings of others since they come here often under extreme emotional distress.

Being Irish American, I know that people still tell Irish-prejudiced jokes. Irish Americans are all drunks, Catholic, wife-beating, lazy bums. This used to be said about Italians and African Americans (not the catholic part though :)), but has stopped. Irish jokes stem from the subjugation of the Irish by the English, transplanted to America. Not sure why it is still appropriate to tell jokes about the Irish. My mother was denied a teaching job at a private school due to the sign "Irish need not apply" in NYC in the 1950s. My favorite Irish joke is: "How do you tell the difference between shanty and lace curtain Irish...lace curtain Irish remove the dishes from the sink before peeing in it." I first heard this joke on the TV show Law and Order. Since I am shanty Irish-American with a little bit of lace curtain, it is more appropriate for me to tell this joke than say a Polish American, but it still wouldn't be appropriate on Law and Order in the 21st century although it was OK in the 1990s.

Jokes about Florida have similar historical roots. Here's a joke from Florida by a Floridian. When on business travel I saw two bumper stickers in Palm Bay FL on the same truck. "Happiness is a Yankee heading North." "Manatee, the other white meat." The first one is more socially appropriate than the second since we all know Yankees don't exist anymore :) but Manatees are approaching extinction.

What the recent unrest in the US should have taught us is that prejudice is a cultural institution of humanity...of every human and even "progressive" mature first-world societies. Prejudice is usually denied by most people when pointed out to them, even though they could see it as real if the person can be modern enough to change their perspective.

It is sobering to read about this young woman. In the article it states she had was screened for factor 5 Leiden deficiency and other inborn errors of coagulation so non-compliance is probably the cause. I encourage patients to have their own inr machine to get invested in their care. Take command of your life which is the same thing diabetics are asked to do in terms of integrating it into your lifestyle. So sad ….

“We should be sensitive to the feelings of others since they come here often under extreme emotional distress.”

Says the one who said Arnold Swarzeneger deserved OHS due to his life choices.

Pot to kettle...over...
A sack of rocks in that glasshouse.

Last edited:
“We should be sensitive to the feelings of others since they come here often under extreme emotional distress.”

Says the one who said Arnold Swarzeneger deserved OHS due to his life choices.

Pot to kettle...over...
A sack of rocks in that glasshouse.

I have wondered if Arnold was one of the members here, incognito. I'm afraid you've outed yourself Warrick, I mean Arnie! 🤣

Latest posts

Back