First "annual" check-up with my Card post-op...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneGM

.....and all is well.

I had an echo and it looks like my mitral valve repair turned out perfectly. He say's there is "trivial" mitral valve regurg, but it is less than what most people have normally. The heart chamber has returned to normal and the valve diameter is just right....not too tight. No residual pericardial fluid, weight steady, good BP (slightly high but I had that before and take Adacand for that), and cholestrol is good (a bit high but that's because of high "good" cholesterol). Except for the tell tale scar, it looks like I'm as good as new. All in all, I'm very pleased with the report and good to go for another year. :)

I wore my VR.com t-shirt and he had never heard of us before (he mused that I didn't have a valve replacement). :D

For those in the waiting room...today I feel exactly opposite of when I learned I needed OHS. Some day you'll feel like this, too. Even though I knew things were looking good right right after the OHS, this annual check-up somehow feels like a validation and a big weight has been lifted. It's a great feeling.

That is FANTASTIC news Wayne. Good for you!!!
I had my first echo 2 weeks ago and STILL haven't heard anything. My finger nails are gone and I'm trying to hold on to the saying "No news is Good news".

But Here's to you Chap. Good Going!!

Cheers!

Congratulations on a great report, Wayne. As a fellow MV repair, I hope I get the same good news at my 1 year checkup.

Wonderful News

Wonderful News

Wayne, I am so glad to hear this! I hope you get a lot more good news! Brian

Wayne - Glad to hear everything went so well at your visit!! Keep up the good work!! Haven't had my first one yet!! (fingers crossed)

Wayne,

That's wonderful news! I hope I get as good a report for my first annual report a mere 9 months from now!

That's great news, Wayne. This post and your constant support is a big help to those in the waiting room. Here's to another great year and many more to come!

Congrates Wayne!!
I love great news!
Glad you're doing so well...

I need to hear those positives and I know it helps the folks just learning they need surgery.

Glad to hear your healthy!:D

Wayne,
It's wonderful to read your good news . . . may you have endless years of great check-ups!

A nice and encouraging post (as per usual:) ) Wayne; good to read. Take care.

Latest posts

Back