Finally on the other side!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katm

Surgery on the Jan 7th went very well, a couple of hiccups but for the most part it was successful. The first two days of post op were horrible, in lots of pain. The third day was like a light switch went on and things got better from there. I hesistated to be honest about the first two days as to not scare pre surgeries. But to all women out there in the waiting room, every surgery situation has similair responses due to the nature of this surgery but just like labor and delivery, no two deliveries are the same the outcome yes but getting there is completely individualized. I had a man 2o years my senior doing circles around me in ICU and he was one day behind me. The better shape you are in the better you seem to get to a day three mode. I wished that they were more scheduled on getting pain meds to me. I seemed to have to seek them out for it, I believe in staying on top of the pain initally so as it nevers gets the best of me. Im home, kept me longer since they wanted a day with no incidents.

Glad to be home and although is wonderful and I am so grateful to all involved in my care, my husband proved himself to be a man amongst men. He never left my side until I hesistantly said at around 10:00 each night, "go". I hated him to leave

Hey, katm! Congrats, and welcome to the "post" side of the room... It's all good from here!

Glad you got home and are feeling better; keep up the resting, the walking, and don't shovel snow for 6 weeks or so. (Ask me how I discovered that little tidbit of information)

Stay in touch, ok?

Glad to see you through :)

Honesty is good.

My wife entertained herself during my non compus mentus times in PostOp

8380796747_38802db976.jpg

aww, thats sweet. NO but my husband washed my hair in sink and we got some good laughs during that.

Katm,

Glad to see you made it to the other side and all is well. I remember being so glad to be home, as I could not sleep more than 2 hours a night in the hospital. Now for you its just one day at time, walk, sleep, and eat. Things will start to get better each day. Your right about not sugar coating the experience, as we all differ with recovery right from day one. I too had my room mate of 20 yrs senior passing me the first few days, as I could not get out of bed till day 4,just had a bump in the road. Good luck in recovery at home, and take it easy, let the body heal on its time. It will let you know when you do too much. Keep us posted when you can. Take care.

Doug

Congrats and well done! Now you're on to the part where YOU are in control, a much better place to be mentally. Eat well, rest heaps, do your prescribed exercise (but not anything more) and enjoy what your new heart parts allow you to do now!

GREAT news Katm!!!!

I've been thinking a lot about you! As others here have said all you need to do now is rest, walk, walk, walk, eat, sleep and NO heavy lifting --- don't even get close -- not even if you feel like it!

Oh -- it's really okay to sleep some more!

Your post brought a small tear to my eye when you talked about your husband, my husband was the same for me and it brought us just that much closer (I'm always reminded that good things can and do come of the difficult stuff)

Take it easy,
Rachel

Latest posts

Back