Finally had my annual Cardio check-up.

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WayneGM

Hi everyone. It's been awhile. I just thought I'd check in with an update...

After a few months delay due to my motorcycle accident, I finally had my annual Cardio check-up and echo. My mitral valve repair is still holding up almost 4 years later. My heart walls have improved and there's just nominal valve leakage (less than what "normal" hearts have).

Unfortunately my blood pressure was the highest it's ever been so he's doubled my Atacand dosage. He also told me to stop the Anti Inflamatory I've been taking since my motorcycle accident as that was a contributing factor (BTW I'm recovering but it's really slow going) . He wants to see me again in March to check on the heart pressure. Hopefully it'll be back down to just being considered "elevated", not officially "high".

Wayne, a few days ago I was wondering how you were doing, and here you are.
I guess your BP is kind of high after all that you have been through....let's hope that
things calm down as your recovery progesses. Fortunately the winter has been exceptionally mild and the fresh air will do you good. Keep us posted, best wishes. :)

Wayne,
It's always good to see your posts. Glad your echo results were positive. I know what you mean about the BP, I've been trying to do more about mine so that I don't have to increase my meds. Things like more exercise, yoga and slow, deep breathing, but I'm still waiting for it to decline. Best wishes on your BP and on a speedy recovery from your MC accident.
John

Hi Wayne,

Didn't realize that you had a motorcycle accident and sorry to hear about this. However, that is great that the valve repair is holding up. Now, if you could get that BP under control.

All the best and good to hear from you,

Wayne,

I'm so sorry you had a motorcycle accident -- I missed that! It must have been terrifying! I hope you are mending well from that.

Good echo report, dude!!

Seems like you and I always have some little thing in common (besides proximity in surgery dates). My blood pressure was way up recently, too, and I had to double my BP med. It has helped in every way so take a deep breath and let this go to work for you, too! I didn't realize that ibuprofin contributed to elevated BP? Is that what you said? I just learned recently that liquor consumption can elevate BP. Who would have thought....

Take care and nice to hear from you.

Marguerite

Hi Wayne,

Sorry about the accident, yet, it is good to see you post and update us. As Bina said, I too believe your BP will be fine once you totally recovered from the accident.

Keep us posted.

Back