Feels Like the Bed is Shaking

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rich01

My sleep has been off the last few days with waking around 3 am and being wide awake, so I get up. About 9 am I get sleepy so go back to bed for a nap. Yesterday morning and this morning, I'm laying in bed, half asleep, and it feels like the bed starts shaking.

Whether I am really shaking or my brain just thinks so, I don't know. When I try to feel if any part of my body is shaking, the sensation stops, then starts up again as I start to doze off. I think it happens when I lay on my back and not on my side. I thought maybe it was afib, but I seem to have a regular heart beat.

I did a search on "feels like the bed is shaking" and found lots of people reporting the same thing, but didn't find anyone posting what causes it.

Any ideas?

If the bed is right up against a wall, try moving it out just a bit -- if your mattress absorbs the impact of your heartbeats, it usually dissipates as it moves through the mattress -- if your bed is against a wall, perhaps the normal pressure from your heartbeat is not completely distributed through the mattress and bounces from the wall back into the mattress. ??? This would be most prominent when laying on your back, because the pressure from each hearbeat will transfer through your back and ribs into the mattress.

Of course -- you have to wonder if there's a reason why your heart may be beating strongly enough that it carries through the mattress. Are you feeling or hearing your heart beat more strongly than before?

I don't want to be an alarmist, but you may want to have this checked (and I don't know if just taking your blood pressure will show anything)

If one of the M.D.s on this board think that I'm full of ****, please let me know.

If the bed is right up against a wall, try moving it out just a bit -- if your mattress absorbs the impact of your heartbeats, it usually dissipates as it moves through the mattress -- if your bed is against a wall, perhaps the normal pressure from your heartbeat is not completely distributed through the mattress and bounces from the wall back into the mattress. ??? This would be most prominent when laying on your back, because the pressure from each hearbeat will transfer through your back and ribs into the mattress.

Of course -- you have to wonder if there's a reason why your heart may be beating strongly enough that it carries through the mattress. Are you feeling or hearing your heart beat more strongly than before?

I don't want to be an alarmist, but you may want to have this checked (and I don't know if just taking your blood pressure will show anything)

If one of the M.D.s on this board think that I'm full of ****, please let me know.
I have 2 blocks that keep my bed about 4" from the wall. I checked my heart rate right after it happened and it was 57. Sometimes my heart seems to beat hard, but it wasn't when this happened.

I didn't notice it last night, but I had really weird dreams. Last night I dreamed I was in Russia with 2 beautiful blonds (Americans) and we were just about to be interrogated by the KGB and then I woke up!

I might be sick with something as I have had a dull headache for 3 days and have been really tired. No fever or other symptoms of Covid-19. Blood oxygen level is good. BP is good. Blood glucose level is good.

Is your mattress solid foam, or does it have springs inside? Does the shaking feel kind of like your heart rate? Is there a definite rhythm to the shaking (of course, if the mattress is actively affecting the vibrations, some may cancel out, or other things may be happening to make it less rhythmic or less regular - I'm not a physicist, but do remember some of the stuff about wave motion and intersecting waves and a lot of that wave stuff).

Now that you've mentioned it, many months ago, I may have felt some 'kickback' from my mattress when I was flat on my back. To me, this just seemed to be an almost local sensation - under my shoulders and trunk - not down to my legs or arms.

If you don't sleep alone, does the person in the bed with you ever feel the bed shaking at the same time you do?

It has springs. I never felt this sensation until this week and 2 nights in a row.

All I can come up with is I started taking Lion's Mane Mushroom about a week ago to try to improve my memory. In looking at the container, it says Support Nerve Growth Factor, supports cognitive health, and supports immune system health. I was only taking 1 capsule which is a half dose and didn't take any yesterday or today. Maybe it was screwing with my brain and that's what caused the weird dreams and the bed shaking sensation.

Maybe? I'll bet that these things will probably stop after you got this stuff out of your system.

If you still feel that the bed is shaking, try laying on the floor (if you can) and see if IT"S shaking, too. Either you're having an earthquake, or something else is going on.

Maybe? I'll bet that these things will probably stop after you got this stuff out of your system.

If you still feel that the bed is shaking, try laying on the floor (if you can) and see if IT"S shaking, too. Either you're having an earthquake, or something else is going on.
As soon as I was awake enough to feel the shaking, I tried to see if by feel I could isolate what part of my body it was coming from. As soon as I did that it stopped, so getting out of bed would definitely have stopped it.

This is my 3rd day since I stopped the supplement and I didn't experience the bed shaking the last 2 nights. No strange dream last night either, at least not one I remember.

Wonder if this is related to electromagnetic frequencies? Do you have a smart meter against the wall of your bed or a modem near the bed? I have read instances of individuals complaining of body vibrating sensations and felt it was due to EMFs. . I have no actual reports to share....anecdotal only....

Wonder if this is related to electromagnetic frequencies? Do you have a smart meter against the wall of your bed or a modem near the bed? I have read instances of individuals complaining of body vibrating sensations and felt it was due to EMFs. . I have no actual reports to share....anecdotal only....
I do have problems with EMF, but they result in rapid heart beat. I have addressed this by keeping the head of the bed at least 6" away from the wall and about 12" from any outlet or cord. I checked room a couple of days ago and there is minimal EMF.

Latest posts

Back