February 11, 2008

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

va66

I missed posting on my first “valversary”, so I’ll post at my 1-1/2 years celebration.
One and one half-years ago, I was in the ICU of Washington Hospital Center recovering from my 2-l/2 hour surgery to replace my heavily calcified bicuspid aortic valve. It was my first surgery and hopefully my last. I was in the hospital for six days, and received excellent care. After nine months of cardiac rehab, I felt well enough to stop the rehab. Today I feel pretty well for a 67 year old female with osteoarthritis, and some other ailments.
When I visited my cardiologist following my surgery, he told me that I have diastolic dysfunction of the left ventricle. I am in the mild category right now, so perhaps it will not progress into heart failure. I do walk daily and attend a weekly yoga class.
I’d like to thank VR.com which helped me enormously with my anxiety pre-op; and with my pain post-op. As a matter of a fact, I turned to this site for all my numerous problems, and always found another poster who had been through the same issue.
Again, thank you all.

Congratulations! Now, if we could just get you to participate more, we'd be really happy for you. :)

67 and other ailments.....I'm 47 and have a boat load, so I think I know where your coming from. ;)

Back