FDA approves TAVR for more than high risk patients

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Before i choose the type of valve for my AVR, 4 years ago, I had the opportunity to meet a very nice lady that had a tissue valve for 7 years and then went thorugh a TAVR procedure, all went well, but that implant only worked for 4 years, so yes, how long they work for "IS" an issue, Industry is always trying to sale new products, that we all know; i also know a lady with a ball cage valve since 1980 and still ticking..... warfarin... yes, but... in the age of GMO and so many other things... i dont think Warfa is the boogieman , babayega or John Wick 4 , just a thought
Can you help us figure when that “very nice lady” have her TAVR? You say that you met her before your replacement four years ago and she had her TAVR four years before that. Is it safe to say it could be no earlier than 2011 and might have been 2010?

Can you help us figure when that “very nice lady” have her TAVR? You say that you met her before your replacement four years ago and she had her TAVR four years before that. Is it safe to say it could be no earlier than 2011 and might have been 2010?
That's why I assumed it was a 1st generation valve.

My cardiologist has told me last year, while I am in the waiting room, that I can not have a TAVR because of my BCV. Should I assume that is still true?
I looked at member @coryp’s posts to make sure I correctly remembered that he had a bicuspid valve. He did/does and was hoping to undergo TAVR in 2015-16. The surgeon he consulted at Cedars-Sinai apparently made no mention of his BAV ruling the procedure out. The concern was that he was considered at intermediate risk rather than high risk.

That's why I assumed it was a 1st generation valve.

My surgery was Nov-2015, i spoke to the lady September 2015, December she had the TAVR, by the end of 2016 she no longer was with us.
TAVR failed ...
In any case, it would be good to see a list of "Research Data" with 100 patients living more than 5 years with a TAVR.... that would mean something,
Opinions, Differences of Opinions, are ALL good, but that does not make them facts... "in my humble opinion"

My surgery was Nov-2015, i spoke to the lady September 2015, December she had the TAVR, by the end of 2016 she no longer was with us.
TAVR failed ...
In any case, it would be good to see a list of "Research Data" with 100 patients living more than 5 years with a TAVR.... that would mean something,
Opinions, Differences of Opinions, are ALL good, but that does not make them facts... "in my humble opinion"
You said her TAVR valve worked for 4 years which makes it 2011 when she had TAVR.

Either way, she was most likely a high risk for surgery patient if she received TAVR, so it certainly isn't obvious that TAVR was the cause of her death.

Last edited:
I used to be supervisor at the Tumor Registry at Cedars-Sinai. This was formed after a merger of Cedars of Lebanon Hospital and Mount Sinai hospital.

Cedars had Tumor Registry files going back to 1940. The State of California Tumor Registry had records back to 1940.

I have trouble seeing why there isn't some kind of registry for TAVR, or, for that matter, ANY valve replacement (aside from money, or manufacturer fears of reported bad outcomes, or maybe because it would be difficult to determine the cause of a bad outcome). It would still be good to know how long each TAVR lasted (or continues to last), failure rates, and compounding information (what things, other than TAVR failure may have caused a patient to die, what things may have damaged a TAVR, etc.).

TAVR failed ...
You did say that her TAVR lasted four years in your previous post. Was it done in a Canadian hospital?

sorry, my mistake, yes, she had a tissue valve that lasted 7 years, then had the TAVR done in 2012 and by 2016 it failed, and they could not do
another OHS do to age; sorry for the confusion again;

i dont think Warfa is the boogieman , babayega or John Wick 4 , just a thought
the usual basis for concerns of warfarin
25661591182_0cef44868a.jpg

not that there are none, but that's usual one.

Duffey, please give Tobagotwo my very best wishes. I am sorry to hear this news and will keep him in prayer and positive thoughts. He is sorely missed on this forum, but as you said, needs to focus his attention on taking care of his own health crisis. Thinking of him.
and mine as well. i was so sorry to read this. please send him our best wishes, strength and love.

Latest posts

Back