Favorite Quote

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
T

ticktock

One of mine!

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see. The longer I live, the more my mind dwells upon the beauty and the wonder of the world!
John Burroughs

Quotes

Quotes

hensylee said:
Welcome back, Mindy. Thank you for this quote. It is how I live. When I go to bed, I am anxious for the new day to see what it brings.

Enjoyed the quote Mindy.....I will save it. When my Dad died, I was cleaning out his personal things and came upon this typedwritten card in his wallet:

"I shall go through this world but once............any kindness I may do or any goodness I may show, let me do it now. Let me not deter nor neglect it............for I shall pass this way no more."

I had a great Dad.

What a wonderful philosophy your Dad left you. Isn't it wonderful that we can look back upon our parents' lives and know that we have absorbed the ways in which they lived - perhaps our children will do the same.

wonderful!

wonderful!

Bob
Thanks for sharing in this thread. I love quotes! Isnt it interesting that your Dad had that in his wallet. Probably something you never would have thought about. We all have our secret thoughts, and sometimes even those closest to us dont know about them.

Another of my favorites is from a song; "Whats it all about, Alfie, is it just for the moment we live". It has stayed with me for years, and sometimes it is the perfect retort during a conversation.

Mindy - we in here have all faced the possibility of death, had our operations, and come out with new knowledge - that the moment might be all we have so we must use it wisely and enjoy it.

so right

so right

hensylee
you are so right. i find that everyone interprets that song differently. most people try to be specific, and define a problem, as in whats "it" all about.... It seems that those of us who have been close to the edge, look at it about the same way. Happy for every day we are given, and always looking forward to the next! I remember waking up from my last surgery and I was laughing! Try that on a respirator! I was truly amazed to find myself awake.

Mindy, I have heard it said on this site and I feel the same way, that we come out of heart surgery different than when we went in. We have a whole new outlook on life and seem to be softer and gentler. I met a heart surgery room nurse and we talked about it. She had not heard this before, because once the patient is out of surgery she doesn't see them again, but she did say that when we are on the heart/lung machine, we are essentially sorta gone and who knows what goes on when we are sorta gone!

hensylee
I hope none of my family reads your post, as they would say that "sorta gone" would explain alot! They think Im "sorta gone" most of the time. Honestly, no one knows. But, the one thing I know for sure, is that we all come out of it with a choice. We can use the experience to savor life as we have never known it, or we can complain and moan and waste whats left of it.

I know my choice, and now I know YOURS.

Back