Father's expected aortic valve replacement

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad to hear he is making progress. He has to feel so much better without the breathing tube in. I'm hoping that before you know it, he will be up out of that bed, making his first lap around the nurse's station. Thanks for keeping us posted.

Hi Carolyn,

That is wonderful news! Your Dad is an amazing fellow! Your family will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care

Even better news today - he has his humor and personality back in full force. Instead of being lifted from the bedside chair, he was able to walk to his bed with minimal help on either side. He has a feeding tube but has learned how to feed himself Ice chips. Tomorrow might be the big day when he moves from ICU to a regular room. Thank you for the encouraging comments. I've come to this site repeatedly for support and each of you has selflessly replenished my spirit!

I left Cleveland to return home last night, Dad will leave the hospital either Monday or Tuesday and both parents will be back home in Florida by the end of the week. He is receiving heparin injections for now until the coumadin reaches therapeutic levels. The doctors hope to gently coax his heart back from A-fib. The recent echo showed all 3 valves working (hooray). While his weight is only 138 lbs., everyone he encounters at the hospital he engages with humor and repeatedly told me how cute/sweet he is and I am a blessed daughter!

Carolyn,
Such exciting news about your dad! Your posts are so wonderfully encouraging for me. My dad is awaiting word from Cleveland so that he can get his chance at a miracle, too. My prayers for your dad to continue to heal and fight through as he is doing.... but with all that love surrounding him... that shouldn't be a problem!
Andrea

Andrea

I just posted a reply to your question re: Dr. Petersson as a surgeon. I am glad you've found encouragement through my postings. This site has been a wonderful means of support for me and it is good to be able to give back to another family member. Beyond surgeons the staff at the clinic are so very supportive of family members. There is so little sense of institution and so much hope, peace and promise at the clinic. My mother found comfort in the chapel and we watched sunsets at the roof top pavillion. I will always think of Cleveland as the city where our family found the promise and generosity of people everywhere we turned. Please keep us informed of your father's progress.

reversal of roles - while in Cleveland I kept my sister updated and now she does the same for me while with my parents at their home in Florida. She read to me the operative procedures from the discharge papers and will send me a copy so I can give more particulars and decidedly hope to all in need - interestingly the trcuspid had been damaged by an ill placed pacemaker wire (from the ICD placed by a surgeon in Florida). It must be rather common for top notch surgeons to fix the errors of those less talented.

Latest posts

Back