Fasting and Warfarin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hey chuck , once you start the warfarin regime I see no reason as to why you can't carry on with I.F
just test regularly until you're happy.
i echo your thoughts with the dentist.
when I need a dental appointment I generally go into a 48hr to help my gut.
keep it up and good luck moving forward
Thanks. I agree and will test to confirm. I may eventually give water only a try for a few days as well.
This study suggests that water only fasting may reduce Fusobacterium.

"These results provided preliminary data on how ceasing food intake can shift gut microbiome. Moreover, water only fasting could be a potential tool to reduce Fusobacterium, which promotes colorectal cancer."

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2590097819300035

hey chuck , once you start the warfarin regime I see no reason as to why you can't carry on with I.F
just test regularly until you're happy.
i echo your thoughts with the dentist.
when I need a dental appointment I generally go into a 48hr to help my gut.
keep it up and good luck moving forward

Wondering if the anti-biotics I was given yesterday could have an impact on my gut microbiome, I looked into it a little. I was given amoxicillin. I found this systematic review recently published in BMJ Open interesting:

" After cessation of treatment, gut bacteria recover, in most individuals, to their baseline state within a few weeks. "

" Phenoxymethylpenicillin, nitrofurantoin and amoxicillin had very little effect on the gut microbiome." (the bold is mine.)

Antibiotic-induced changes in the human gut microbiota for the most commonly prescribed antibiotics in primary care in the UK: a systematic review
https://bmjopen.bmj.com/content/10/9/e035677
So, it sounds like my gut microbiome will likely be fine, despite the large dose of amoxicillin I was given. I am still going to eat some daily kimchi and other foods,which have been shown to improve the gut microbiome, in the days leading up to and following my surgery. It can't hurt and it theoretically could help bolster my gut microbiome a little.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back