Far-out question

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

csutherland

Jerry's AVR was over 8 yrs ago and his sternum has been healed up forever. For a few weeks he has complained of terrible itching around the upper part of the incision. I can't see any sign of a rash of any kind, and today he said, "could this be right in front of my ascending aortic aneurysm?" I have no idea, but that surely wouldn't itch, then I wondered if the incision itself could start acting up at this late date.
Weird questions, I know, but does anyone have any ideas?

My scar has itched years after my surgery. I think in my case the skin is just a little dry. Putting lotion on it when it itches seems to help a lot.

Debbie

Jerry's AVR was over 8 yrs ago and his sternum has been healed up forever. For a few weeks he has complained of terrible itching around the upper part of the incision. I can't see any sign of a rash of any kind, and today he said, "could this be right in front of my ascending aortic aneurysm?" I have no idea, but that surely wouldn't itch, then I wondered if the incision itself could start acting up at this late date.
Weird questions, I know, but does anyone have any ideas?
Well, this probably isn't the brightest answer but I think if it was me I'd call the surgeon's office about it, especially since it seems to be something internal. Can't hurt; might help. Hoping he's fine :)

Oh, I just thought again, didn't he have an internal fungus issue several years ago; am I remembering correctly?

I'd be apt to call PCP all these years after the surgery. If, indeed, he had an internal fungus in the past, I would not just ignore this.

Let us know how it goes.
Best wishes.

Latest posts

Back