Quantcast

Far-out question

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

csutherland

Jerry's AVR was over 8 yrs ago and his sternum has been healed up forever. For a few weeks he has complained of terrible itching around the upper part of the incision. I can't see any sign of a rash of any kind, and today he said, "could this be right in front of my ascending aortic aneurysm?" I have no idea, but that surely wouldn't itch, then I wondered if the incision itself could start acting up at this late date.
Weird questions, I know, but does anyone have any ideas?

Debbrn

My scar has itched years after my surgery. I think in my case the skin is just a little dry. Putting lotion on it when it itches seems to help a lot.

Debbie

Bina

Premium Level User
Changing soap or shampoo, or some clothing detergents seem to affect my scar area.
You may want to try and rule out these things and see how it goes.

Lily

Premium Level User
Jerry's AVR was over 8 yrs ago and his sternum has been healed up forever. For a few weeks he has complained of terrible itching around the upper part of the incision. I can't see any sign of a rash of any kind, and today he said, "could this be right in front of my ascending aortic aneurysm?" I have no idea, but that surely wouldn't itch, then I wondered if the incision itself could start acting up at this late date.
Weird questions, I know, but does anyone have any ideas?
Well, this probably isn't the brightest answer but I think if it was me I'd call the surgeon's office about it, especially since it seems to be something internal. Can't hurt; might help. Hoping he's fine :)

Oh, I just thought again, didn't he have an internal fungus issue several years ago; am I remembering correctly?

Jkm7

I'd be apt to call PCP all these years after the surgery. If, indeed, he had an internal fungus in the past, I would not just ignore this.

Let us know how it goes.
Best wishes.

Latest posts