Family medicine physician's perspective on warfarin

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the post @Zoltania
Fiddleheads!!

I'm now trying to see what the vitamin k content is, but I have reservations that its higher than Kale or Collards or Spinach.

I've already seen someone eat 1kg of spinach with no significant observable effect on INR.

But overall I thought his response to that INR reading was entirely appropriate.

I think he's on the right track though when he says "So I simply tell my patients, “eat all the greens you want,"

however I see no clear evidence supporting this part "but be sure to keep the amount the same every day”.

Recall that the vitamin K doses need for reversal are in the order of 100 times the amount of vitamin K found commonly in foods. Its milligrams of K for reversal its usually micrograms in foods (1000 micrograms makes 1 milligram).

:D

I wonder what a "flowsheet" is

Unless you have a flowsheet that tells you that the last time you made that change, bad things happened, you will make the same poor choice again.​

however that not withstanding his words of documentation and reference are the cornerstone of what I preach too.

:)

Latest posts

Back