Facebook is flippin' addicting!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Facebook is a great way to keep up with family and friends. I like that you have the option of allowing only your "friends" to view your information. As Mary said, you learn more about "friends" regarding their likes, dislikes, preferences in movies, books, etc...whatever they want to share. I'm very good with sharing much though, not that I care if anyone knows stuff, I'm just always putting off doing things like listing "25 things about you" and such. I'm not sure there is 25 things is what I fear.

Is the controversy regarding Facebook anything to be concerned about? I thought that information you post on a site would thereafter belong to that site; am I misunderstanding this?

Is the controversy regarding Facebook anything to be concerned about? I thought that information you post on a site would thereafter belong to that site; am I misunderstanding this?

Of course, I just found out that this is now a mute question, in regards to Facebook. I opened Facebook after this post only to read that they have reverted to their old privacy policy. Never mind. :)

Facebook is a great way to keep up with family and friends. I like that you have the option of allowing only your "friends" to view your information. As Mary said, you learn more about "friends" regarding their likes, dislikes, preferences in movies, books, etc...whatever they want to share. I'm very good with sharing much though, not that I care if anyone knows stuff, I'm just always putting off doing things like listing "25 things about you" and such. I'm not sure there is 25 things is what I fear.

Oh come on, Wise, I could list 25 things about you! :)You could start with: I know a great place in Gatlinburg to get pancakes! ;):p

Hmmm. Mary and Earline, maybe I should rethink how interesting I am. I forgot about my uncanny ability to find the absolutely best and closest pancake house. I'm still having twinges of "what was I thinking?"

Mary, I would love to read you 25 things list about me. It could be very interesting or downright scary, I'm not sure which. ;)

Hmmm. Mary and Earline, maybe I should rethink how interesting I am. I forgot about my uncanny ability to find the absolutely best and closest pancake house. I'm still having twinges of "what was I thinking?"

Mary, I would love to read you 25 things list about me. It could be very interesting or downright scary, I'm not sure which. ;)

Well, 25 might be a stretch, ;) but if it were a collaborative effort by all Gatlinburg attendees, I'm confident we could fill the list!:p

I'm on facebook too...didn't realise that there was a VR group on there....will have to check it out.

Yolanda

I joined FB a couple months ago because someone "invited" me. It is addicting, but at age 67 I feel a little ridiculous when people find out I'm on Facebook! It's fun to check on grandkids away at college but I get the impression it kind of weirds them out that Mom, Dad, & Grandma can see their posts.

I was going to delete my membership about a month ago then received a "25 Random Things About Me" from my niece. It was so interesting I decided to try to think of 25 things about myself which I then sent to several other people; now I'm getting them back so I can't quit just yet!

P.S. I just read this over and I was right the first time: I'm a little old for this addiction!

My daughter thinks Facebook has been invaded by the "old folks"! :D Of course she started on it when you had to have a college email address in order to join. Funny thing is - her friends like the fact that I'm on it and they keep in touch.

I joined FB a couple months ago because someone "invited" me. It is addicting, but at age 67 I feel a little ridiculous when people find out I'm on Facebook! It's fun to check on grandkids away at college but I get the impression it kind of weirds them out that Mom, Dad, & Grandma can see their posts.

I was going to delete my membership about a month ago then received a "25 Random Things About Me" from my niece. It was so interesting I decided to try to think of 25 things about myself which I then sent to several other people; now I'm getting them back so I can't quit just yet!

P.S. I just read this over and I was right the first time: I'm a little old for this addiction!

I was very hesitant in the beginning to join or put photos, but now I love it...especially the old and the young are on it...so it is like a family gathering which includes all ages:)

I was very hesitant in the beginning to join or put photos, but now I love it...especially the old and the young are on it...so it is like a family gathering which includes all ages:)
Me too Eva, it was my Mom thay wanted me to join!!! Then my sisters
and brother,and I still didn't want to. I didn't trust it so I used an alias.
Now I see that all my old highschool and college friends are on it,and if
I send a message they respond with "oh...DIIIIIIINA! its you!(?)

Me too Eva, it was my Mom thay wanted me to join!!! Then my sisters
and brother,and I still didn't want to. I didn't trust it so I used an alias.
Now I see that all my old highschool and college friends are on it,and if
I send a message they respond with "oh...DIIIIIIINA! its you!(?)

Two days ago, I searched for a childhood friend whom I lost touch with as they moved to another area when we were 16 years old...Guess what?! I sent a message via f b and I found her...we both are so happy!
You can add me as a friend, Dina.:)

I had some friends from Jr High find me through Facebook just this past week. I moved the summer after 8th grade and hadn't talked to them in 20 years.
Cool stuff.

hi all,
my kids are both on fb (from when it was just "youngsters") and joey just recently joined. they had at one point laughed at the fact that many "adults" were signing on and asked me not to.
although they say they'd be ok with me joining, i feel like i'd be invading their turf. they use if all the time. messages on boards, photos, etc.
i think i'm more comfortable not being on there, for now.

Back