Expenses (US) for coumadin/warfarin... what should I expect?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superman -- if your cardiologist won't prescribe warfarin, perhaps your primary care physician will do it.

You don't have a track record for having self-tested, so you can't show a spreadsheet with all your tests and dosage changes - but if you convince this doctor that you're fully able to self-test and, at some time, start to manage your dosage, it may be easier to get the prescription for warfarin.

FWIW - I didn't have to produce a spreadsheet to convince my primary physician to prescribe warfarin. Perhaps you might be as fortunate.

Of course, MTV could be playing something older. Guessing it’s an old expression going back to the beginning of lobotomy
that link I provided went into those details, second paragraph.

anyway hope you're doing well (your reports indicate you are)

FWIW - it may have been Dr. Demento.

I remember listening to him on Sunday nights on the FM station KMET. This was long before he apparently broadened his listener base. For some time, he was a well kept secret.

Weird Al Yankovic got his start on the Dr Demento radio program. I think.

Doing very well, pellicle. Just “busier than a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs” lately. - unsourced because I don’t recall and don’t feel like looking it up.

Fantastic links. I was finally able to click on them. I maintain Tom Waits is cooler to quote than Dorothy Parker, but I concede the source.

Superman -- if your cardiologist won't prescribe warfarin, perhaps your primary care physician will do it.

You don't have a track record for having self-tested, so you can't show a spreadsheet with all your tests and dosage changes - but if you convince this doctor that you're fully able to self-test and, at some time, start to manage your dosage, it may be easier to get the prescription for warfarin.

FWIW - I didn't have to produce a spreadsheet to convince my primary physician to prescribe warfarin. Perhaps you might be as fortunate.

For me, right now, I’m more concerned with my own out of pocket than I am with the profitability of my insurance company. $12 / month is cheaper than a machine plus $5 per test strip. 5 kids to feed and all that.

Superman -- $32 a month is a lot different from the $350/month that you wrote earlier. It may even be less expensive than a monthly blood draw.

Sorry for the confusion. The $350 came from Tom in MO. That was his cost before deductible was met. Once he meets the deductible, I gather his out of pocket goes way down.
We were both responding to/about that cost and why so high. I said my cost was $12 a month in my original post in this thread.

Back