Error rates for ProTime and CoaguChek

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lance Visnich

I talked with a nurse today and she informed me that the error ratio for the ProTime and the CoaguChek compared to the lab is the same as the error ratio from one lab to another. When doing INR testing, the test is supposed to be plus or minus .6, and this is said to be a good correlation. If you are consistantly getting a reading out of this range, things can get more complicated. I had a patient who was getting a 1.2 difference everytime against the lab. We shipped her a new monitor and the same difference occured. The patient eventually went to a point of care lab, and the results ended up being within .2 of each other. When you do a test at home, the monitors do controls to make sure everything is in place, and you see for yourself that you had a good reading.
I just wanted to share that with everyone.

Lance

Last edited:
Thanks Lance

Thanks Lance

The reality of it is this. We as patients have no idea (nor do the Doctors) what happens to our sample when it goes into a lab for analysis. There are MANY unknown elements there.

When we fire up our home INR machines, they verify themselves to be in working order, and then we see exactly how our sample is handled from beginning to end. It is such a better method of testing that I hope I never have to use the lab again. My self security has risen many fold since using my home testing monitor.

Latest posts

Back