Ep study and ablation

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, Paul and Eva for the replies. Hubby’s procedure will be performed under general anesthesia with a night spent in the hospital. The doctor says he will need to be off work for a week, maybe longer. He does have moderate CAD so that might explain why his procedure will require the general anesthesia while Paul’s was only a local.
Best of luck to both of you, Duffey. Keep us posted please. Prayers.

Paul and Eva, my husband had the ablation on Tuesday. They discovered that he was in both afib and a flutter. They both burned and froze for almost seven hours and still didn’t get all the misfiring areas. Apparently the appendage was an area that needed more done, but the electrophysiologist said it might be easier to “clip” it so that the tissue dies.

Reactions: Eva
Thanks for the update Duffey ,best wishes to your husband and yourself hopefully they will get the other areas that are misfiring sorted soon .xx

Paul and Eva, my husband had the ablation on Tuesday. They discovered that he was in both afib and a flutter. They both burned and froze for almost seven hours and still didn’t get all the misfiring areas. Apparently the appendage was an area that needed more done, but the electrophysiologist said it might be easier to “clip” it so that the tissue dies.
Thanks, Mary for the update. So sorry to hear this...wish it were better news, but I hope all will end up well. Prayers and keep us posted.

Latest posts

Back