Emory..Dr.Joe Craver..My result

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

Charles

After 2 echocardiograms, isotope stress test and heart cat. I was told I needed to see a surgeon for my mitral valve which was regurgitating. I had no symptoms and no blockages. I had anticipated the recommendation and asked to go to Emory in Atlanta (this was on a Thursday).

Friday at 11am my cardiologist's nurse called to tell me she had lined me up an appointment the following Monday with a Dr. Joe Craver (at Emory) between surgeries. I said fine. At 11:30am Dr.Craver's nurse called to make sure I brought the CD of the heart cath. with me.

My wife and I met with Dr. Craver Monday on time fully prepared to deal with surgery. He reviewed my CD and told me to lose weight and make sure I made annual visits to my cardiologist with results going to him for review. He said I could go 10 maybe 20 years before I would need surgery. He answered all my questions and made sure I did not leave until there was nothing left to discuss.

I thank God that my prayers were answered. I also am greatful to have found such a remarkable Doctor. While there are other fine hospitals nearby there is no doubt Emory is where I want to go when the time comes.

In the short period I have had to deal with a possile valve job this WEB site has been a BLESSING. I will drop in from time to time. Hank keep up the good work. To the members God Bless and good luck.

Congrats!

Congrats!

SUPER news Charles! That's just great. Have a wonderful summer and keep in touch with us.

Nancy

Latest posts

Back