Emergency help needed

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ken taylor

eI need your help Please Im Ken Taylor . you can read my post in per-surgery. Heres the problem . Im worse that I thought. I and my latin wife went to the Panama american embassy today. And they refused her a visa to go to the Texas Heart Institute with me. Ive had by-pass surgery 5 years ago and The thought of going through avr alone with no one there to help my recouperation scares me silly We have been married 7 years and they think she might not return. also they would not even look at the letters from the doctors here or in Texas. So much for emergency medical visas, I have one more shot tomorrow we will re apply. There is strength in numbers so if you could send them an e-mail . Telling them your feelings , And who will take care of me following surgery. They either do not care are do not understand how serious this is. My arotic valve is .56. They seem to think this surgery is a walk in the park. But having bypass before increses the risk a lot. So please send your thoughts to them [email protected] In the subject line put Urgent And the head man there is Mr. Mark Fray remember if you do not put URGENT in the subject line it will get put to the side. Thank you Ken P. S. my wife is Margaret Sanchez

p

Have you tried contacting the social worker for cardiac patients at the Texas instute and see if they can help? They probably have run into this often and might know a good channel to go thru

Tried to send an e-mail on your behalf but it got kicked back to me.

Delivery Status Notification (Failure)

This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification.

Delivery to the following recipients failed.

[email protected]

Just to let you know, I googled the correct e-mail address and removed the " - " at the beginning of the e-mail address you posted. If you are going to "hotlink" an e-mail address you need to make sure it is correct. I just clicked on it assuming it was correct, typed out my plea for your wife to enter the country temporarily, and sent the message only to have it bounce back to me.

Having said that I did send it again minus the " - " at the front of the e-mail address and it went through.

Good luck Ken!

:)

if they won't look at the doctor's letters, they won't take any notice of
emails from concerned nobodies.

you need to get the hospital administration involved. i'm assuming you're
a u.s. citizen.....how about a call to the congresscritter of whatever
district you're registered to vote in? a call from senator whatsisname
to the embassy wouldn't hurt.

Just answering Choudoufu messages, anythings worth a go and i am going to send an email if it helps great if it doesnt we tried.
Good luck i hope you get it sorted you certainly need the help and support from your wife, while you are going through this operation, hope it all works out for you.
Just off to send an email to them.
Take Care and good luck with the op.
With love
Jane

Please tell me how you feel with the on x Im thinking that will be my decision thanks Ken

As an Engineer, I am highly impressed with the technological advances achieved by On-X.

Have you viewed their websites www.heartvalvechoice.com and www.onxvalves.com ?

Do a Search on VR.com (see the Blue Line) for keywork "Bokros". He is the founder of On-X and has been designing Heart Valves for over 30 years starting with the St. Jude (Master's Series) Bi-Leaflet Valve. He formed Carbomedics and has patents on Carbomedics and ATS. On-X is his 'Latest and Greatest' design, first offered to the World Market in 1996 and approved by the FDA for use in the USA in 2001. They have produced over 70,000 valves now in use in 64 countries.

Thanks Every one But the Embassy said no again today . The medical things were not a consideration . So I will fly to St. Lukes tomorow alone. I know not being with me will be harder for my wife. Robots with out feelings that is what our gov. has turned into . Unless you treck across the border on foot . Heck then you get free medical and amnesty down the road. Thats the way I see it . KEN

So sorry to hear that the letters & notes fell on deaf ears. :( Sometimes it seems that no one gives a rat's behind unless it affects them personally. :mad:

It is unfortunate that your wife will not be able to be there with you at this very crucial time; but, please be aware of one thing: St. Luke's is a wonderful facility & the hospital staff is top notch. I know this first hand.

My thoughts & prayers will be with you. Please keep us informed.

Back