Elevation and INR

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

Peej

My wife uses an M6 II. She’s got the zooms and the kids and such. I do the landscape stuff. Trying some Astro while I’m out here too. Dark skies, new moon.
If you are in UT and like night photography, I highly recommend Goblin Valley SP

Superman

2.8 INR before leaving.
4.0 INR after a four days at elevation.
Reduced 1 mg one day last week.
3.4 INR today after the slight dose reduction. Current rental in Colorado is over 7,000 ft elevation. We were in Moab, Utah for the prior four days.

So even with a reduced dose, I’m still higher than my normal 2.5-3.0. Since I’m in range I’m going to stay at my usual 6mg daily and see where I am back home next Tuesday (about 700 ft elevation).

BTW, clinic advised I stay at 6mg daily last week. I had already reduced when I got the VM. Spending a lot of time in areas of no service, so went with an executive decision.

Last edited:

ATHENS1964

And a blurred waterfall for fun too. I still have to edit at home and bring back the sky.

View attachment 888038

Had this camera for about a year and a half. Had Rebels prior to that since about 2010. Rented a 15-35 f/2.8 for this trip.
Nice photo, my opinion is that an ND filter would make it better.

Superman

Nice photo, my opinion is that an ND filter would make it better.
I used a 10 stop ND stacked with a Circular Polarizing filter for that for a 40 second exposure. Here it is unfiltered.

AE13931A-E642-4B47-9DA5-B9DB384AD8EA.jpeg

Superman

As if late Saturday, we returned to our local elevation. INR was 3.4 today. So perhaps no meaningful change. I know I haven’t had a hard cardio workout since vacation started though. Just some sustained hikes at elevation. Not sure if that’s apples to apples although it did get my heart rate up on some climbs.

Protimenow

It’s about 10% of the lens for a three week rental. Online service. They ship it here and I ship it back with a provided label. Rented a 600mm for a Florida trip for birds and such this spring.
How are birds going to use the camera?

Protimenow

Great pix and tour of the UT/CO national parks. I see you skipped Zion? Crowds, flooding damage? Loved Bryce Canyon so much that named my first borne after it. I live at 7300 ft elevation (northern NM) but no one has ever said anything to me about effects of elevation on blood thinners. Enjoy Moab!
You named your first born Canyon?

Protimenow

Just a thought -- and I may be completely wrong. Is it possible that the strips, or the meters, can cause erroneous results at high altitudes? (Probably not - people who live at high altitudes haven't reported these issues).

Zoltania

VR.org Supporter
VR.org Supporter
Excellent ... I'll leave it at that because this isn't rec.photo ;-)
That brings back memories! I didn't hang out on rec.photo, but I spent many pleasant hours reading forums like rec.arts.sf.written and rec.humor.funny. There were plenty of ways to waste time on the Internet even before the likes of Twitter and YouTube.

Latest posts