electrophysiology test?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

katm

My cardiologist is recommending that I have a EP test and a MRI due to an event of tachycardia that they couldnt tell from what chamber of my heart it generated from. I am not a happy camper to say the least. I was wondering if anyone can give me some words of encouragement in regards to this testing. I am almost three months post op for AVR and was just starting to feel normal again. I am scared he will want to put a defribulator in and I am worried of complications with this testing.

Several members here have had EP testing. I wish I had one since I also suffer with tachycardia.
A good web site to check out is the Mayo Clinic or Cleveland Clinic. Best wishes.

well i wasn't givin one the day i was surposed to go on which was 2-19-13 from the hospital a cute little lady dr can in to my room while i was dressing to leave.and said that she was a elecrocardiolgist and that some times when avr's are proformed that the elecrtic signals get damaged and a pacemaker is needed.i didn't feel like i had a choice there was by this time 8 med students in my room.i never asks if any test where done or for a second opion.what ever you do get a second opion.wish i would have

Latest posts

Back