Electrical Problems Related to Mitral Valve?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnp

Wondering if others might have had severe ventricular tach problems seemingly related to a valve, particularly mitral valve, and what options you explored. I consider my case worst case scenario, but I'm told there are others.

After extensive testing here's my diagnosis from one if the best heart hospitals in the country. The situation appears as though it can be controlled by medication, but at the same time, I'm considering having the valve and related tissue removed. It's becoming more and more clear my problem is the valve apparatus.....

Patient has a significant ventricular arrhythmia syndrome with multiple documented polymorphic VT and ventricular fibrillation. The exact etiology remains unknown, but is highly suggestive of a malignant mitral valve prolapse syndrome characterized by bileaflet prolapse, abnormal substrate around the mitral valve apparatus, more than one morphology PVCs and sustained malignant ventricular arrhythmias.

Most significant was severe, but relatively localized, substrate abnormality and easily induced multiple morphology ventricular arrhythmias related to the mitral valve apparatus, including the mitral annulus and the papillary muscles.

I have discussed options of various antiarrhythmic drugs, including increased dose flecainide, dofetilide, amiodarone or combination drugs, a more definitive mitral valve procedure, such as mitral valve replacement, possibly with cryoablation or resection of the papillary muscles, and potentially cardiac transplantation.

Back