EKG results show a-flutter

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavesMom

Hi all,

Had an AVR back in '99 and have been doing well since then except for an ascending aortic anuerysm that now measures between 4.5-4.6cm. I recently noticed my pulse rate was in the 103-112 range, so notified my doc, who ordered an EKG. The report said I had a-flutter. (Atrial rate 208, ventricle rate 93.). On my EKG last July, both atrial and ventricle rates were 61, so a definite difference.

I know EKGs are notoriously inaccurate, but the report also stated abnormal t-waves, consider inferior ischemia. Has anyone ever had this on an EKG? Is it one of those things that's most likely a false positive? My last echo also showed a moderately enlarged left atrium. Could this be the cause of the a-flutter? Of course doc's out of the office for a few days so can't ask. : (

Thanks in advance for any information. Hope everyone's well.

Hi! I was around in the 2005-8's and I remember you. :eek:)
I had a-fib and then a-flutter just after my recent surgery (second AVR 9.1.17). I totally felt mine (but again, they were brought on by the surgery). I honestly would not hesitate to bug your doctor!! There must be an on call associate for him. They might want to get you on a beta blocker (metoprolol?) right away. Please don't wait. I'm not screaming emergency, but darn! your doctor should be able to respond to this!!
Be safe.
Marguerite

Hey! I remember you as well! : ) Hope the second surgery went well. I know what you mean - I can totally feel them. My doc has also ordered a holter monitor and trust me, I will be asking about my EKG. The nurse told me about doc being gone when the EKG was ordered but assured me that another cardio would follow up if there was a real problem. So we'll see what next week brings. : ) Take good care!

Hi,
I had my second OHS in 2010 with a PVR. My first arrhythmia appeared in 2015, I was diagnosed with atrial flutter with atrial/ventricular rates similar to yours. It lasted 2 months, then having a quickly healing pneumonia with high temperatures surprisingly caused my normal sinus rhythm kicked back and lasted for the following 9 months.
Then the atrial flutter restarted again for a long period. After having it for 12 months I undergone a catheter ablation procedure, which was successfull and I don't have issues any more.

Marguerite53;n882897 said:
Hi! I was around in the 2005-8's and I remember you. :eek:)
I had a-fib and then a-flutter just after my recent surgery (second AVR 9.1.17). I totally felt mine (but again, they were brought on by the surgery). I honestly would not hesitate to bug your doctor!! There must be an on call associate for him. They might want to get you on a beta blocker (metoprolol?) right away. Please don't wait. I'm not screaming emergency, but darn! your doctor should be able to respond to this!!
Be safe.
Marguerite

Hi Marguerite, I'm actually just wondering how to reach you. I sent you a message but your messages were full. Will you message me? Thanks.

Back