Eight Month Update - Good News

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

David Copson

Go away for a few months and everything changes. I see a few old timers and lots of new ones. Best wishes to you all. This site was a great help to me as I approached my surgery and after. (Ross Procedure - April 5 -- find the details my updated story in the story section)

I want to let you all know that I had a catheter ablation procedure that returned my heart to sinus rhythm.
You may recall that one of the main reasons I choose the Ross Procedure was to avoid Coumadin. With the a-fib continuing after surgery, I still needed Coumadin though at a lesser dose than if I had had a mechanical valve.

A-fib was a drag as those of you with it well know. I like this analogy: A-fib with my valve problem was like having a flat tire-I knew if I kept going I would do serious damage. A-fib after surgery was like having one of those mini-spares - It'll take you where you need to go but you can't go over 55 mph. Now I've got a new set of tires and I'm ready to roll.

My valve continues to be flawless and my heart function is excellent. I had forgotten how good I could feel.

What's with this rookie label. I'm a veteran and I got the scars to prove it!

Maybe Hank can put in an estimated number so you won't be a 'rookie' anymore, David.

So good to see you and that you are doing so well. We always said so, didn't we. Glad that you got your 'tires' fixed so keep on rollin. God bless

Latest posts

Back