Edwards Resilia Inspiris Aortic Valve

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well, as you're new here (and there is nothing on your bio) I'd raise two points
  1. age is a determining factor, if you're over 60 then the Resilia will be as good as any bioprosthetic
  2. we have very little actual data about how well the Resilia performs in the long run, however everything we know about valves shows that it is unlikely to more than perhaps 20% more durable than previous valves of that generation
It is often said there are no bad choices but you can seek an optimal one. Advanced age is the biggest predictor of extended durability in bioprosthetics for all these reasons:
https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/10.1161/JAHA.120.018506
Best Wishes

Pellicle,

I'm not sure if you guys get Saturday Night Live in Australia but for some reason this character, Debbie Downer, reminds me of you... I don't know why... maybe I'm wrong... who knows...

1650687919844.png

Pellicle,

I'm not sure if you guys get Saturday Night Live in Australia but for some reason this character, Debbie Downer, reminds me of you... I don't know why... maybe I'm wrong... who knows...

If your purpose here is character attacks on other members, you might find that a Twitter account is more suited for you.

If your purpose here is character attacks on other members, you might find that a Twitter account is more suited for you.
I believe this is summed up here:

Ad hominem is a Latin term which means "to the person." It is short for "argumentum ad hominem" which means an argument which attacks the person.​
In must be kept in mind that an Ad hominem attack is a fallacious argumentative strategy with a view to avoiding the topic at hand. In its stead, an attack on the character, motive, or some other attribute of the person making the argument, or persons associated with the argument, is launched.​
An Ad hominem attack is a negation of reason and an appeal to emotion and is irrelevant to any debate. It is a non-debate, or an avoidance of debate because the person resorting to this strategy has no substance to what they are saying or does not know how to properly respond to the argument being presented.​
http://commentaryforhealing.blogspot.com/2019/06/on-ad-hominem-attacks.html
To simplify this into common language, its when some one says: "but there is no data to back that up" and the other side says "oh yeah? Well your mum dresses you funny!"

Best Wishes

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back