Edwards Resilia Inspiris Aortic Valve

Help Support ValveReplacement.org:

zelic

Does anyone know where I can find out what hospitals or surgeons in the US are currently using the Inspiris Resilia valve. I've heard of people who have received the valve in Dallas, Minneapolis, Cleveland and I think New Jersey but I live in NC and I'm just wondering how I could find a surgeon who perhaps is using this valve who is located closer to me and what hospital they are practicing at. Thanks everyone and I apologize if this question has already been asked somewhere.
I had the Inspiris Resilia valve put in by Dr Schaff at Mayo in Rochester last Year. Best to call Edwards Scientific and ask them who is using it in the US _ https://www.edwards.com/aboutus/patientvoice.

Malleus

One more data point here: the surgeons at Loyola University Medical Center near Chicago have installed 20-30 Edwards Inspiris Resilia valves. I just got insurance approval for mine that should be installed at the end of this month by Dr. Jeffrey Schwartz.

Daniel758

Just an update for anyone interested in the Resilia Inspiris valve...

I had my one year anniversary last month with this valve and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it and the surgery.

I can neither hear or feel the valve anymore except on the occasional night when I can't sleep and it's dead quiet in the house. Even then it's barely noticeable and I really have to listen for it. At this point it doesn't really feel any different inside than my own valve did, which I'm very thankful for.

Health wise I'm back to working 8-9 hour days rehabbing houses (I flip houses for a living) with really no limitations now except for what I put on myself to not lift anything extremely heavy. Stamina is leaps and bounds better than before the surgery and seems to get better and better as time passes.

Med's wise I'm still taking a 1/4 dose of a 25 mg Atenolol and a baby aspirin in the morning. The Atenolol seems to keep the palpitations away. I rarely have any now, maybe one or two per month lasting for a second or two, and that's about it. When I don't take the Atenolol I may get a palpitation or two per day, and I'd rather not push my luck and have my old afib come back.

So overall, everything is going very well and I'm having no issues at all with the valve. Let's hope it stays this way and let's hope the valve lasts as long as advertised.

Good luck to all... and for any first timers out there coming close to your surgery date... don't stress out, seriously.

It's really not nearly as bad as you think it will be... yeah, it's scary walking through those doors but when it's over, you'll wish you had done it sooner. I wish I had.

It will give you your life back... and that's the best thing ever.

BillDaThrill

Just an update for anyone interested in the Resilia Inspiris valve...

I had my one year anniversary last month with this valve and I have to say I'm pretty happy with it and the surgery.

I can neither hear or feel the valve anymore except on the occasional night when I can't sleep and it's dead quiet in the house. Even then it's barely noticeable and I really have to listen for it. At this point it doesn't really feel any different inside than my own valve did, which I'm very thankful for.

Health wise I'm back to working 8-9 hour days rehabbing houses (I flip houses for a living) with really no limitations now except for what I put on myself to not lift anything extremely heavy. Stamina is leaps and bounds better than before the surgery and seems to get better and better as time passes.

Med's wise I'm still taking a 1/4 dose of a 25 mg Atenolol and a baby aspirin in the morning. The Atenolol seems to keep the palpitations away. I rarely have any now, maybe one or two per month lasting for a second or two, and that's about it. When I don't take the Atenolol I may get a palpitation or two per day, and I'd rather not push my luck and have my old afib come back.

So overall, everything is going very well and I'm having no issues at all with the valve. Let's hope it stays this way and let's hope the valve lasts as long as advertised.

Good luck to all... and for any first timers out there coming close to your surgery date... don't stress out, seriously.

It's really not nearly as bad as you think it will be... yeah, it's scary walking through those doors but when it's over, you'll wish you had done it sooner. I wish I had.

It will give you your life back... and that's the best thing ever.
Thanks for the update, Daniel! Wishing you continued success, please keep us updated. Been trying to keep my eyes on the Inspiris as I've been in the "waiting room" for about a decade but believe my surgery time is near. I'm turning 50 next week, so beginning to wait/hope that the Inspiris is the way to go for me.

tidespring82

Thanks for the update, Daniel! Wishing you continued success, please keep us updated. Been trying to keep my eyes on the Inspiris as I've been in the "waiting room" for about a decade but believe my surgery time is near. I'm turning 50 next week, so beginning to wait/hope that the Inspiris is the way to go for me.
My two year anniversary is on the 17th may, and like Daniel I have never felt better. The Edwards Inspiris certainly seems to be doing what is says on the tin.

Malleus

4-year results of the COMMENCE study of the Edwards Inspiris Resilia were recently presented at a conference. Out of 694 patients enrolled in the study, none have experienced structural valve deterioration or valve thrombosis. Now, one wouldn't necessarily expect any valve to fail after only four years, but still this is encouraging -- and reassuring to me, as I'm getting one of these valves in less than two weeks.

tidespring82

4-year results of the COMMENCE study of the Edwards Inspiris Resilia were recently presented at a conference. Out of 694 patients enrolled in the study, none have experienced structural valve deterioration or valve thrombosis. Now, one wouldn't necessarily expect any valve to fail after only four years, but still this is encouraging -- and reassuring to me, as I'm getting one of these valves in less than two weeks.
Join the club Malleus, its really good out here with the Edwards Inspiris Resilia.

Latest posts