Edwards new valve ... Inspira Resilia

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Amar

I am wondering what you ended up going with. I just had my surgery feb 27th and was in similar situation on technology - I have since learned that the st jude trifecta and edwards resila tissue have a common chemistry link to Sorin - and the trifecta with glide technology is more readily available as it was FDA approved back in 2016.... here is link to piece.... hope you are doing well. ​​​​​​​​​​​​​​https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...orin-Group’s-Phospholipid-Reduction-Treatment

A little update as I spoke to my surgeon.

The inspiris valve is available to me here in the UK. I asked about the longevity claims and was told they were based on extrapolations from observing calcification in animal models. One of the common failures of bioprosthetic valves is calcification and the inspiris valve with this coating has shown markedly less calcification than valves without the coating in animal models. over short periods. Extrapolating on from that data gives the bold claims.

I'm speaking with my cardio one last time next week and then pulling the trigger on valve choice. Still wavering between the Inspiris valve and a mech valve.. if it was even remotely possible to go 20 years without warfarin until my next surgery that would be tempting... But it's a gamble.

mrfox;n882652 said:
Still wavering between the Inspiris valve and a mech valve.. if it was even remotely possible to go 20 years without warfarin until my next surgery that would be tempting... But it's a gamble.

It's always a tough call and ultimately one only you can make. I believe you know the situation well and so are well placed to make the best decision you can.

At the end of the day you can consider that the apparent difficulty is a reflection of that there are really no wrong choices :)

Let me know by PM if you want me to give you the contact details of another Brit who perhaps you may be able to chat with who was once active here but is not. Im sure he won't mind discussing things with you.

Back