Echography under Dobutamine

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kabo57

Hi All, just a quick question(s). Have any of you experienced an Echography under Dobutamine, if so what the experience was like. Not too worried but is it safe. My cardiolog tells me that such a test provides a better reading of the hearts function under stress. All information gratefully received. Thanks so much.Kabo57

Bonjour @Kabo57

Hope you are well.

I had a Dobutamine stress echo back in 2016, three years before my eventual aortic valve replacement.

There was a cardiologist present during the procedure. The test I had was well monitored and controlled and I got the impression my safety was a priority. It was an interesting experience!

I did a quick write-up of my test here.
[The link in the post is dead and I’m unable to fix it due to it being an old thread but here’s a
new link regarding the same subject.]

Best to you and hope this helps.

Bonjour @Kabo57

Hope you are well.

I had a Dobutamine stress echo back in 2016, three years before my eventual aortic valve replacement.

There was a cardiologist present during the procedure. The test I had was well monitored and controlled and I got the impression my safety was a priority. It was an interesting experience!

[The link in the post is dead and I’m unable to fix it due to it being an old thread but here’s a

Thanks very much Seaton for your detailed response. I feel a bit more positive now. Happy holidays Kabo57

Bonjour @Kabo57

Hope you are well.

Hi Seaton & All,
had my Dopamine test this afternoon, no problem! It was just as you said Seaton. All well, cardeolog happy. They use a traffic light type system here on the position of each sensor-all green! Now I'll have a little glass of red wine. Thanks all. Happy Kabo

Hi Seaton & All,
had my Dopamine test this afternoon, no problem! It was just as you said Seaton. All well, cardeolog happy. They use a traffic light type system here on the position of each sensor-all green! Now I'll have a little glass of red wine. Thanks all. Happy Kabo

Brilliant to hear, Kabo!
Glad it all went to plan and smoothly. Wishing you continuing good health and the best of future outcomes.
Oh ... and a Happy New Year.

Back