Echo

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rebecca

For the last 27 years I have had a echo every year.
Have you ever had a technician doing your echo ask you if he was hurting you? I once had the strangest technician that asks me about five times am I hurting you. His echo lasted almost a hour. You have that feeling when you are walking out how accurate your test was.

Have you ever had a technician doing your echo ask you if he was hurting you? I once had the strangest technician that asks me about five times am I hurting you. His echo lasted almost a hour. You have that feeling when you are walking out how accurate your test was.
They asked when I got the first one just a few months out of surgery, the chest was a bit tender then, but they did me fine.

I’m slender and the tech will apologize if she/ he hurts me while trying to get the best angle through the rib area.
With some techs it does really hurt. Others are more gentle.

Once in a while. they may ask once during a session. That is a bit odd to me.

No. That’s weird. They do warn my about that terrifying cold gel ….
I’ve had them ask many x over the years , some just press harder to get a better sound and time to time it’s very sensitive if he/she is pushing a little harder so there’s nothing weird about that at all .

Sometimes in order to get a good position they maneuver the device into crevices and it can hurt or tickle so I understand asking. They don't know any patient that well unless it happens to be their mate. I have read that ticklishness actually is a form of pain.

I have had ECHO's that left me very sore. I am having my first since OHS on January 16, 2022. I am hoping that my new mitris resilia mitral valve is not leaking and that the ECHO itself will not be too painful.

Thinking about it I have felt lingering effects like subtle bruising not visible but in sensitivity from the pressure.

They always have heated the gel so that at least is soothing rather than stark cold.

I have had ECHO's that left me very sore. I am having my first since OHS on January 16, 2022. I am hoping that my new mitris resilia mitral valve is not leaking and that the ECHO itself will not be too painful.
How did your operation go ? Was your mitral leaking or stenotic ? I hope you are doing great . The valve your speaking of ? Mechanical ?

How did your operation go ? Was your mitral leaking or stenotic ? I hope you are doing great . The valve your speaking of ? Mechanical ?
My surgery went very well. My valve was leaking and had been repaired 17 years prior to this replacement. It is a bovine valve. I go tomorrow, the 16th of January for an ECHO and to meet with the cardiologist. I am hoping for good news. I'll post and let you know. How are you? Have you had surgery?

No surgery yet.. went into severe this year mine is mitral stenosis . She is thinking about doing the balloon for now … not sure anyone here has had that and what their thoughts were 🤷‍♀️

I had the mitral balloon. It was great for me. Despite the cardiologist being disappointed with himself lol. Solved the severe stenosis issue, virtually no recovery time and valve has been pretty stable for 20 years now. It does tend to worsen regurgitation a bit so now I have both moderate stenosis and moderate regurgitation. That trade off was fine by me. My cardiologist was very experienced with this repair.

Thank you so much , you said yours lasted 20 yrs I be so very excited to have the same result but I’m older otherwise in good shape never an operation or any chronic ailments so blessed , she did say now a have a tiny regurgitation but nothing to worry about for it takes years typically to get very bad , my main complaint is tiredness and out of breath more easily then before . Just praying I’m a candidate for balloon she is doing a stress echo in April .

AND was just put on Wellbutrin , very depressed lots going on with health worries, family issues , financial so I pray I can remain working but a realtor finding it challenging to walk steps w clients or buzz around like I did 5 years prior :( and if we want anything I must work , hubby is retired .

Latest posts

Back