Echo Report Findings Shed Some Light

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
L

Lisa45

Hi, I am hoping that someone could interpute what some of this means. I am going to have a right and left heart cath. in two weeks so I will know more than, but you all seem so much more informed than me since I have been concentrating on my other disease of pulmanary fibrosis. If you can shed some light please let me know as I feel I have enough on my plate to worry about already. Thanks in advance.
I am reporting exactly what is on the echo report, let me know if you can shed any light on any of it.

Left Vent/ Doastole 3.7 cm
Left Vent/ Systole 2.5 cm
Septum-diastole 1.0 cm
L.V. Post. Wall-diastole 1.0 cm

Left Atrium 2.5 cm

Aortic Root 2.4 cm
Aortic Leaflet Opening 2.0 cm

Right Vent Diastole 1.0 cm

Aortic Valve
1.1 m/sec.
FHT 408 m/sec
AI 2+

Mitral Valve
0.5 m/sec

Calculated Values
L.V. Fractional Shortening

2D FP 57%

Findings:
The cardiac valves are well-seen. Moderate/to Severe Aortic regurgitation is found though no obvious structural abnormality is seen. The 3 leaflets of the aortic valve could not be distincly identified.

Don't know if any of that will make sense but maybe some of it will mean more to you than me, if so let me know. Thanks again and talk to you soon.

Lisa`

Lisa`

Catherization will look in noth side and check for blockages that do not show up on an echocariogram. The procedure is easy to take and you will be fine. You need to ask your Cardio doctor questions as well as here. You need educatuion all the way around. But there are others here that would agree to wait till you get results from the catherization to get general information at what you are really looking at. Take care and hang in there.

Caroline
09-13-01
Aortic valve replacement
St. Jude's valve

Back