Echo NOT good news --- 4th OHS Imminent

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey there. Just checking in! You are sounding good.....relaxed.

Can totally relate to your story about your dog's visit to the vet. Our little Cairn Terrier has quite an extensive vocabulary. If we mention "vet" he eyes us suspiciously. We try so hard (as do they, it is the most loving, caring group of people at the vets) but as soon as we drive round the corner past a little brick wall he starts shaking uncontrollably. We feel so bad! He has planted his feet firmly and been drug in a few times, too! Usually I anticipate this and just pick him up and carry him in. We want to call the Dog Whisperer to see how we can make him less anxious! By the time he's gotten smothered with love and sweet voices he's happy as a clam to leave! Maybe he's actually outsmarted us and it's his way to know that we'll feel sorry for him and treat him extra nice! :rolleyes2::angel:

Keep up the good spirits!

Thinking of you.

Marguerite

So Miss Norma Jean,
I have been following your post since you started it. I didn't say too much until now cause I knew that you would have sooooo much support. I know deep deep in my heart that all will be well. You have shown me what a strong and gentlewoman you are.
Come the Spring, it will be time to get the cob-webs off that motor home and go back to that wonderful place in the high moutains that you love so much. This time there will be no shortness of breath....
I shall keep you in my prayers.

Ahhh yes my friend! I too dream of that favorite place in the mtns that I love so much!
Thank you for the prayers!!!

Hey there. Just checking in! You are sounding good.....relaxed.

Can totally relate to your story about your dog's visit to the vet. Our little Cairn Terrier has quite an extensive vocabulary. If we mention "vet" he eyes us suspiciously. We try so hard (as do they, it is the most loving, caring group of people at the vets) but as soon as we drive round the corner past a little brick wall he starts shaking uncontrollably. We feel so bad! He has planted his feet firmly and been drug in a few times, too! Usually I anticipate this and just pick him up and carry him in. We want to call the Dog Whisperer to see how we can make him less anxious! By the time he's gotten smothered with love and sweet voices he's happy as a clam to leave! Maybe he's actually outsmarted us and it's his way to know that we'll feel sorry for him and treat him extra nice! :rolleyes2::angel:

Keep up the good spirits!

Thinking of you.

Marguerite

Thanks Marguerite!

You know, one of my greatest pains right now, is having to part from my beloved pets. I wish I could take them with me because I know how much they love me and will miss me, and I them! Molly, my cat, follows me around like a shadow....she seems to know something's going on!

But, I also know that my brothers, and my neighbors, will be checking in on them, so that brings me great comfort.

I cooked them a bunch of venison and chicken breasts and stored them in baggies in the freezer so they can mix it in with their dog food. They are so finicky that they won't eat their can dog food if it doesn't have an added treat mixed in there with it!

And the dogs have great big comforters in their dog houses! My husband said, they have better blankets then we do! LOL! So I'm sure they will be okay, I'm just having a hard time with that!

As your date draws near, you haven't been off my thoughts or prayers........how does the song go??? "Your always on my mind...."

My warm (((((hugs))))) continue.

I've been doing a lot of research by looking at different members profiles and medical sites available on the Internet, these last few days. I'm compiling a little list of questions that I plan to ask the doctors and the surgeons when we meet next week.

One question that plagues me and that I plan to ask for sure is, if they have a "back-up plan" in store if the surgeon finds that the mechanical mitral valve cannot be removed due to scar tissue? What do they have planned? An LVAD device perhaps? A Heart-Mate II similar to what was implanted in Dick Cheney's chest?

I've read too, that I would not be a candidate for a heart-transplant due to the pulmonary hypertension. Don't know how true that is so that's another question I have. I know that the LVAD devices have been made available to patients who are NOT transplant candidates and can be left in there long term and/or they can take over the heart's functions until a donor can be found if one is a candidate.

Anyway, just writing my thoughts outloud I guess. Thanks for listening. :)

Last edited:
Norma, I wish that I had some answers for you, but I don't. This is one of those times where you need to put
your confidence and faith in your surgeon's skilled hands. Hopefully you will have a good discussion with him and he can
put your mind at ease.
((( more hugs )))

Norma,
Haven't been on here in what seems like forever, and just saw your post. I'm so sorry dear one, that's you're having to deal with all of this. You are going to be just fine, and I know that you know, you're in good hands. You'll get through this and we'll all be here waiting to hear from you whenever you're able. You have my thoughts and prayers, you can believe that, and the prayers of so many others, I'm sure. Just get er done, as you say and hurry on back!

Norma,

I've been away from the computer lately and am just reading of your upcoming surgery. I'm so sorry that you are facing another surgery. I will most certainly be keeping you in my prayers.

Barb

Norma,

I've been away from the computer lately and am just reading of your upcoming surgery. I'm so sorry that you are facing another surgery. I will most certainly be keeping you in my prayers.

Barb

Thank you very much, Barb! That is very kind of you and I truly appreciate your prayers!

Norma, I wish that I had some answers for you, but I don't. This is one of those times where you need to put
your confidence and faith in your surgeon's skilled hands. Hopefully you will have a good discussion with him and he can
put your mind at ease.
((( more hugs )))

Thank you, Binz! It's count down time my friend! Just wish this whole nightmare was over!
((((hugs to you too))))

Dear Norma, thinking of you and praying for you daily. Top of my list. Will light a special candle on the 9th and keep it burning until the good news comes. God Bless. ((((HUGS)))) X

Latest posts

Back