Early 30s, 3 strokes over 7 years of On-X

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've read several studies that compared mechanical vs biological complications.
It turns out that the risk of thrombosis is either the same or slightly higher with mechanical (~50% more).
Hey Doc ... quick question; what is your research objective?

It may help others (me?) to maybe offer stuff we've found over time. For instance I have collected over 1000 references in my EverNote citation database (as well as what Google can fish out)

Hey Doc ... quick question; what is your research objective?

It may help others (me?) to maybe offer stuff we've found over time. For instance I have collected over 1000 references in my EverNote citation database (as well as what Google can fish out)
In the past I spent lots of hours studying papers.

Honestly I haven’t done it systematically enough but rather spontaneously.

Topics that interest me:
- valve selection (before I got my On-X I used to look towards studies of the Resilia, Osaki and Ross approaches, but most doctors I spoke to were quite against them)
- long-term survival studies (trying to predict how long I will live)
- coagulation (what are optimal strategies for my valve and life style)

Hi

good to know
Topics that interest me:
- valve selection (before I got my On-X I used to look towards studies of the Resilia, Osaki and Ross approaches, but most doctors I spoke to were quite against them)
- long-term survival studies (trying to predict how long I will live)
- coagulation (what are optimal strategies for my valve and life style)

I think that's actually what drives most people.

I think I can definitively answer the last one for you: keep your INR between 2.0 and 3.0 as much as you can. The evidence is pretty strong on that.

Best Wishes

Latest posts

Back