Dust growing here?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

catwoman

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Just curious -- haven't seen much activity here or at anticoagulation forum lately. So I got out my broom to sweep away the spiderwebs.

Guess this means that no one's having problems. Which is great!

MARSHA watch who or what gets in the way ..............[

rdin635l.jpg

.....or if you're like me....I've gotten so used to the high and low's that I don't make much todo about it anymore! I just do my tweaking and go on..... :)

I've been concerned about the dust here, too.

Let me thow in some new stuff:

I've been testingonce a week - because I have enough strips to do so weekly.

A week and a half ago, my INR dropped to 1.6 - the lowest I've seen it in a long time. I increased my dosage, tested after four days, and was back in range. Instead of 7 mg every night, I upped a one day dose to 10, and am now doing 8 mg on Thursday and Sunday and 7 on the other days.

I realized that, with this new dosing schedule, it may not make a lot of sense to test weekly -- because the changes from a WEEK earlier wouldn't show up in my INR. I'm thinking that perhaps I should test on Sunday and Wednesday (so I can see the effect of my 8 mg dose). However, it seems as if my INR is probably consistently in range with the current schedule, so perhaps I should test ONCE on Sunday and Wednesday and, if I'm within range, not bother with testing more often than every two weeks or so. (I'm using an InRatio meter and even if the strips expire, they'll still work and the quality controls will let me know if I have a bad strip).

In order to keep this, and other threads running -- what do YOU think?

(Yeah, I know I should have put this in another thread, but this one looks like the one I need to keep this forum alive).

Just curious -- haven't seen much activity here or at anticoagulation forum lately. So I got out my broom to sweep away the spiderwebs.

Guess this means that no one's having problems. Which is great!

I didn't want to disturb the dust bunnies :) but I did ruffle Bina's feathers by asking dumb questions LOL

Last edited:
Back