dual heart valve replacement (aortic, tricuspid) 22years ago

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
thanks so much. wish the internet was around back then, i thought i was the only one that had this done for quite some time. I am glad i found this site.

I am new to this site, but I am trying to figure everything out. I was 29 when i had the surgery. It was misdiagnosed and by the time i went to the emergency room, I was in deep trouble. Hospitalized for 3 months. The infection had attacked both heart valves and my spleen. I had two teams of doctors. The first removed my spleen.
The second replaced both valves. Sorry to bother you with the boring details. I am 51 now still kicking and living life. I was told when i left the hospital to enjoy life and that my life expectancy was ten yrs. I love proving people wrong. thanks for the note robbie

Congratulations on 22 years & welcome. I'm a double valve too. Feel you could add alot to us double valvers on this forum. Hope you stick around to share more of your experience. Keep posting!!! :)
Notice you live right down the street!!!!

Infection? Sounds as if you are yet another of us who has had endocarditis. :)

No one told me that I now have a life expectancy which is significantly less than it was previous to being ill, just told it might be slightly reduced. Twenty-two years is a short time compared to some members so you can look forward to many more healthy years to come.

Happy anniversary.

Congratulations! Wow - what in the world are you still doing hanging around 12 years after they told you that you shouldn't be. ;) :D

Wishing you at the very very least 22 more years of living life!

I am new to this site, but I am trying to figure everything out. I was 29 when i had the surgery. It was misdiagnosed and by the time i went to the emergency room, I was in deep trouble. Hospitalized for 3 months. The infection had attacked both heart valves and my spleen. I had two teams of doctors. The first removed my spleen.
The second replaced both valves. Sorry to bother you with the boring details. I am 51 now still kicking and living life. I was told when i left the hospital to enjoy life and that my life expectancy was ten yrs. I love proving people wrong. thanks for the note robbie

Congratulations on your 22 years! Isn't it wonderful to prove them wrong?! I hope you continue to prove them wrong for many, many more years to come! :)

P.S. At 34 years, I'm still proving them wrong also! :p

Welcome and Happy Anniversary:)
I thought the same as Sue when I read your post..endocarditis.
But Sue and I and others seem to think that first thing..we're kinda like the
Endo Club,I guess.Really good story,I think yours would be very intersting --Dina

Latest posts

Back