DRIVETOPLESS/ Tracy UPDATE

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So glad to read that you are going home, Tracey! It has been a bumpy road. Try not to look in the 'rearview' mirror. One day at a time...:)

I was "lucky", too, but I was lucky enough that my heart responded to the first injection -- a calcium channel blocker -- and calmed down and quit the a-fibs and a-flutters. I've been on metoprolol for the ~6 weeks since then. Doing a 48-hour Holter near the end of Feb to see if I can quit the metoprolol -- and the Warfarin, too.

From thursday

thursday, february 10, 2011 11:23 am, est
4 week valversary today!
Four weeks ago today, i was getting my new on-x aortic valve. After a fabulous 2-week start, there was a bump with the 10 days of hospitalization for afib but overall, i'm doing just fine.

The pace of recovery is much slower right now and a little frustrating. I'm ready to get on with life, but the heart just wants to sleep in and rest a little longer before it's ready to work.

Maggie, my 14 year-old irish setter, is coming home for a trial visit this weekend. She's been staying with the sitter until i am well enough to care for her. I can't wait to see her, and i'm sure she'll be good for my heart and my recovery.

I have my 4 week follow up with the surgeon on monday, valentine's day. How appropriate is that? Don't know what he will say with all of the afib/chf issues, but i'm hoping to find out when i can drive again. And, we do know the valve itself is a great success and is working beautifully. It's just the surrounding heart tissue that's needing some help right now.

Back