Drinking--and driving post op

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pellicle, my lack of restrictions has nothing to do with the "nothing happened to me" scenario. I was told what I could do after surgery by 3 different health care providers, doctor, hospital nurse and re-hab. I was provided with three >10 page documents, one on post hospital activities/general restrictions, one on exercises and one on post-surgery sex.

tom in MO;n879947 said:
Pellicle, my lack of restrictions has nothing to do with the "nothing happened to me" scenario.

correct .. but it does with your view on the accuracy of the information provided below:

I was told what I could do after surgery by 3 different health care providers, doctor, hospital nurse and re-hab. I was provided with three >10 page documents, one on post hospital activities/general restrictions, one on exercises and one on post-surgery sex.

As you see from the responces above there is some variation in what everyone else is reporting too, so perhaps you got the "holy grail" but perhaps you didn't ... who knows. I never questioned what you were told, I only questioned the veracity of what you were told. You have not attempted to actually address the correctness of what you were told or to examine why it is there is such differences in advices. NOR the actuallity about the sternum which I raised.

Just to emphasize you got more paperwork saying it was OK ... this does not address the question you began to grapple with with Superman (on your younger theory).

I got the advice about the sternum at operation when I was 28 and 48 ... from my surgeon directly to me ... multiple times ... I'm sure he knew I wasn't in my 70's

Clearly there are differences ... in view on this. I (to be clear here) am not "of an opinion myself" -- I am just reporting what I was told and what is the common way here.

Oh, and you're welcome ... (you know, about the image ...) I have from day one in my experiences with you found you to be just as you've presented here ... but curiously mainly towards me. Perhaps you need to examine why you have a grudge against me.

Doctor's assistant says I can drive in about a week, so I will drive 6 miles to my next appointment. She said I could drink in moderation--I don'tdrink much anyway.The reason given is that in case of an emergency, I might bleed badly from chest and also as you said, the twisting and turning could be aggravating. I feel a dull pressure on my chest sometimes and take med for it. They said it would go away. I am about 5 weeks post operation now from a double bipass and valvereplacement. No friends or relatives to visit or drive me places My reflexes do not feel the same.. So I am alone and bored, isolated.

Back